PDA

View Full Version : classified mail stamp technique?

jugalo180
10-04-2004, 02:55 AM
i was wondering if anyone could point me to a tutorial or explain how i can achieve this effect.

Elysian
10-04-2004, 03:38 AM
Simple; by doing nothing. ROTFLMAO :scream:

dwin
10-04-2004, 04:55 AM
I think you can make the shape of the stamp frist. I think it's a good idea to make it with path or you can scan from the mail. And then transfer it to selection. Fill the selection with color, reduce the opacity to your liked. And you can make a little cut of in the edge of the stamp to make it more realistic.

jugalo180
10-04-2004, 12:11 PM
i appreciate it dwin, that was most helpful.

Elysian
10-04-2004, 03:23 PM
Sorry, my fault. I expected an attachment, but it seems you were refering to the description of this thread LOL

webshot
10-04-2004, 07:57 PM
or you can make your image or stamp. Then make a layer mask then make a grunge or dual brush with alot of randomness. Then spray it in the mask to create the inconsistancies usually found in a stamp. Play with the brush setting and blend modes to further the effect. let me knwo if you need a better explan.

maddermaxx
10-04-2004, 10:27 PM
make your stamp then make a color the very exact opposite of it (if it's white use black if it's black u se white) then take a small brush (3px depends on size of workpeice) then brush the black wherever yuo want the paper to show through then use your trusty magic wand select the opposite color then go to select> similar and then push delete and hopefully voila

superbeexotc
10-09-2004, 01:22 AM
make your stamp then make a color the very exact opposite of it (if it's white use black if it's black u se white) then take a small brush (3px depends on size of workpeice) then brush the black wherever yuo want the paper to show through then use your trusty magic wand select the opposite color then go to select> similar and then push delete and hopefully voila

Or just do work in mask mode.

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 10:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.