PDA

View Full Version : Hunting Toy-Muharraqi-Studiosİ, Khalid Al-muharraqi (3D)

KHALID
10-04-2004, 01:25 AM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/gallerycrits/45058/45058_1096853158_medium.jpg

Title: Hunting Toy-Muharraqi-Studiosİ
Name: Khalid Al-muharraqi
Software: After Effects, BodyPaint, LightWave 3D

Hi all,
This is a 3-D model that I have created a few weeks back, I was working on a short for it but got a lot of work that stopped me from progress.
The Hunting Toy is part of the few characters that I was relating with the Arabian traditional sports, in history the Royalty or the wealthy Arabs have always had the interests in training these beautiful birds to hunt other birds just for sport, So I wanted to create a robot remote controlled machine that has a jet coming threw the length of It's body, This robot was not so well built, It was build in an old fashion to other technologies in it's time, So the designers that created it used older methods of building robots, Maybe they lack the technology in that part of the world, but never the less it still works, If you look at the textures you will see signs of crashes, That it's an old model of it's time-!! The textures were painted with the influences from the traditional Omani Daggers, all hand painted in BP.
If you want to see more renders please visit this location, Just follow the Falcon Icon :)
http://muharraqi-studios.com/
Please give me your comments, It's always nice to here what others have to say :)

Guillermo
10-04-2004, 07:00 AM
WOW

Excellent work! :thumbsup:

Christoph_H84
10-04-2004, 07:32 AM
Amazing work!

graffb
10-04-2004, 09:19 AM
Amazing work!
I like!
CONGRAT!

sonicstrawbery
10-04-2004, 10:21 AM
nice stuff, reminds me a bird in a french short called "le deserteur" in wich a man control a bird with a virtual reality mask...

I find the shader too shiny and too goldish but i can understand if you told that was an arabic tradition :)

sonicstrawbery
10-04-2004, 10:24 AM
double post : | deleted |

techart
10-04-2004, 11:01 AM
that's a great one dude.....love it alot......nice textures by the way.....

Maark Karraen
10-04-2004, 11:20 AM
Wow, great detail, is it all rigged up (and forgive the pun) ready to fly?

jaredL
10-04-2004, 12:00 PM
Awesome renders!

ervine
10-04-2004, 03:13 PM
Hey that's really good!! Looks like it could very well be used in some movie as a CG prop

Shady_Lady
10-04-2004, 03:42 PM
Stylish design is my favourite, and I'll add some "feather" around the neck.

aazimkhan
10-04-2004, 04:26 PM
Salaam Khalid,

Its really nice to see some super quality work from the middle-east, all my year living in Dubai - I could never find a studio that did quality work.

But this is totally amazing, Had a look at you site and the work is impressive really.

The designs, modeling, texturing very well executed.

-salaam

KHALID
10-04-2004, 06:59 PM
Thank all for your comments,and for the Stars :)
These are a few more tests on UV texture painting on the head section. :) :)

http://www.muharraqi-studios.com/CGtalk/test-.jpg

http://www.muharraqi-studios.com/CGtalk/chrom.jpg
Chrome no texture here only reflection tests

http://www.muharraqi-studios.com/CGtalk/texture-.jpg
Texture painted with BP :)

http://muharraqi-studios.com/CGtalk/alm_kh_F_8.jpg
Final
More renders here:)
http://www.muharraqi-studios.com/

ODoul
10-04-2004, 08:47 PM
Very nice.

dmitriy_k
10-04-2004, 10:08 PM
Awsome! Excellent work, texture looks great.:thumbsup:

vlad74
10-04-2004, 10:15 PM
bravo.Wonderful job.:applause:

Maark Karraen
10-04-2004, 11:30 PM
Whoa, big pictures. Definatly appriciate you showing the detail nice an big, once again great job. The material really helps make sense of an otherwise very complicated mesh.

KHALID
10-05-2004, 01:00 AM
Hi all and thanks, It's embarrassing when all is saying good things :) I am really happy to get such great feed back, I am still a beginner at what I do, There's a long way to go, But hopefully one day, I will be fully satisfied with my quality, But never the less Thanks..
I was checking my thread and I Thought I forgot something, Ah!! Wires!! I hope that these are enough, If you need more just ask.:) :)

http://www.muharraqi-studios.com/CGtalk/wire.jpg

These are screen tests animations for my rig, I needed to check out
what works and what needs to be fixed, 2.7MB Divex avi
http://www.muharraqi-studios.com/CGtalk/Hunting-Toy.avi

in order to play, you will need http://www.divx.com/

By the way, I hope that you had the chase check the link to more renders on my site.

its bugz
10-05-2004, 04:41 AM
hey, i really like the texture! looks real! but i think, the legs is a little bit odd in texture. in the Texture painted with BP on the side view, it doesn't look natural for the texture on the body compare to the legs. maybe it's because the reflection. And the composition with the red pillow(the base), it looks odd also. The DOF, is messy. well, that's just what i can comment your image.
Anyway, the texture looks horribly stunning! good job!:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

koncz
10-05-2004, 06:45 AM
I really like the details of the textures and the last screenshoots of the head wires, one great modelling work:thumbsup: .

Georges.

Ps: sorry for my bad english .

v2n
10-05-2004, 08:36 AM
Excellent work :applause:

Sorry I can't find a negative critic :D

WhItE CoFfEe
10-05-2004, 09:24 AM
Awesome work! Gee, the bird is well-modeled and it has very good details. Just love it! I'm gonna give you 5 stars as well.

LondonCarlos
10-05-2004, 10:10 AM
Very impressive..... but the claws are overdone, they don't convince me as able to grasp wriggling little animals. Go a bit easy on the DOF as well, spoils your second of the initial renders.

KHALID
10-05-2004, 02:36 PM
Hi all, and again all comments have been greatly respected and valuable to my final out put, Thank you for taking the time to look at the details of the work, It only helps me to produce better work in the future.

About the Leg texturing on the image that was referred to in the bottom of the first page, you are right the texture looks not to good, But you are right again about the reflections and textures are not yet setup properly, These were earlier stages of renderings, so the final feel has not got to it's final stages:)the ones with the environments are more of what I wanted to reflect.

http://www.muharraqi-studios.com/CGtalk/lags.jpg

http://www.muharraqi-studios.com/CGtalk/legs2.jpg

Also I do agree about the Claws:), yes It will not work in the natural way you would expect it to, also the claws were not designed to grasp in this design, they were designed to slash there victims in high speeds, there catch would only be birds, In the Arabian traditional bird hunt they would only hunt birds nothing on the ground. But it really wasn't important to me to make the character to function in it's natural way, I tried to bend the rools as much as I could :), The front bit of the claws is made out of two mettle type daggers, It's able to open them apart or close them when it requires that.

Yes you are right, the DOF was a lot intentionally, In the final animation that I will be working on i wanted to get extreme attention onto my subject, so I increased the distance of the camera, then used Zoom, I think that DOF only helps if you know what you want of it.:)

Again thanks all for your positive critiques..:):)

xtrm3d
10-05-2004, 03:00 PM
congratulation .. you deserve a lot of star and a front page .. !!

not for the technicall aspect that is really nice ,
but for the artistic one .. alway nice to see the mix of tradition and technology ..

4 thumbs up :buttrock:

koncz
10-05-2004, 05:41 PM
I like the details of the textures and the legs, perhaps it's a mechanical bird but you have give it life ( the placement of the camera in the second picture give to your hunting toy a great face expression :thumbsup: ).

Georges.

dgpilot
10-05-2004, 06:13 PM
Excellent work, love the texture. It's difficult to crit this without nitpicking

Bri_Spencer
10-05-2004, 09:02 PM
Very nice job. Every aspect of the image is very clean and well done.

j077y_r0g3r
10-05-2004, 09:25 PM
I L-O-V-E IT. I love that kind of techno-animals....Never seen something better....

KHALID
10-06-2004, 01:21 AM
Thanks guys:)
I feel good that this render did not go to waist as long as I got a few people interested and most of all enjoy the renders :)
Thanks for the Support everyone ;)

jdsb
10-06-2004, 01:30 AM
hi khalid :) ,
this is utterly amazing texturing and modeling work.congrats on a wonderfull piece of art
regards,
jd

KHALID
10-06-2004, 01:49 AM
thanks JD
It's always good to get your support, you always have good things to say.
Thank you, :) :)

Ecleposs
10-06-2004, 03:52 AM
great work prother:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
.the model is awesome
.the texture is perfect
.the light too
cant say any thing but Excellent

KHALID
10-06-2004, 08:00 AM
Thanks a lot Ecleposs,
You have always been great support, It's good to here your comments and you thoughts, Thanks Brother.:):)

thanday
10-06-2004, 08:08 AM
Congrats on creating such a cool futuristic bird, Like your imagination and persistence and painstaking effort and eye for details.

Keep up the good work

Cheers

Talebhadi
10-06-2004, 09:59 AM
Hi Khaled,
How are you doing? How is everything with you, and what is happening with your talented work? what is the news on your latest art? I am one of your very big fans who has been strongly inspired by your work especially the 3D animation. I have really enjoyed following your precious pieces of art like the bird attached here, that has been beautifully detailed with amazing color and talent. Your work deserves all respect. Keep it up!

Thank you
Taleb. :applause:

Niphilim
10-06-2004, 11:50 AM
Absolutely amazing model!!! :applause: :applause: :applause: Really nice work

DoctorStopMo
10-06-2004, 07:39 PM
Very nice work! I love the concept and the execution. I looked at your website, and you have a lot of other fine work there as well.

KHALID
10-06-2004, 07:47 PM
Thanks for your comment Niphilim:D

and thank you DoctorStopMo for giving me your feed back on my site :)

and Dear Taleb, I am happy to have such friends, I will try even harder to make people enjoy what they See, Thankshttp://cgtalk.com/images/smilies/smile.gifhttp://cgtalk.com/images/smilies/smile.gif

I hope I could support you on your work as much as you have been supportive to me. :D

cobra-x
10-07-2004, 10:01 PM
Hi Khalid,

This work is absolutely excellent. I speechless about all that detailed textures made with BodyPaint. WOW! Take my compliments! :thumbsup:

keep up the great work!

cobra :)

KHALID
10-07-2004, 10:09 PM
Thanks, It's great to here from you, Yes BP is so fun!! It helps a lot, I have started using it properly 4 months only, I had it for a year but did not have time to try it, only few months back I started, But now I am addicted :)
Thanks MAXON :)

gry
10-12-2004, 05:14 AM
crazy cool stuff. would love to see an animation telling the story.

KHALID
10-12-2004, 05:14 PM
Thanks I will keep you posted :thumbsup:

Ultron
10-20-2004, 09:55 AM
Wow great work!

You can be really proud!

KHALID
10-20-2004, 01:54 PM
Thank you all,
Its an honer to have this award, this really shows the artists that these forums that have helped building the artists over the world, and to get them to join as one in there believes in ARt, and in making it a more fun and colorful world to be in :)

Thanks CGTALK, It's a pleasure to have my work on your site

I would finally like to thank all the supporters, all other artist, and all the team from CGtalk that have helped us to have this large community of artists. :) :)

Yan3D
10-20-2004, 05:11 PM
Very beautiful and photorrealistic model!

the shiny texture looks great in it.

KHALID
10-20-2004, 06:55 PM
Thanks guys,
I was working on the animation, But the last few weeks were crazy...
I hope to start soon :)
anyway, I will keep all posted.

Thanks for the support.

glintx
10-21-2004, 10:08 AM
very nice work !:) the textures are very goodlooking!

APD-Jack
10-21-2004, 11:39 AM
Hi Khalid,
And congratulations.
I like your hunting toy design since i've seen the thumbnail because i am from an Asian country too. I know this traditional sport and it's give me pleasure to see someone reminds me.
Falcon design like you said, looks made with old fasion technology. I like it's mechanic. More important; your posting the wires, texture and test renders is great!
About metalic feeling, i think the falcon looks presisely as right as you told. It's metal looks old and rusty, so i don't think it needs reflection adding. But, you'll try of course and i'll see you're right or not.
Keep good working
Thanks

KHALID
10-21-2004, 04:51 PM
and yes we do share a lot to similarities in out clutters, I will work more in it soon
if you want to see more try this link try Hunting TOY, hope you enjoy..
http://muharraqi-studios.com/

Thanks for your comments ;)

safout
10-21-2004, 06:57 PM
its soooooooooo nice ........................ keep swimming.. when i saw it i put all my rabbits and birds in a cave to protect them from the hunter..

UltRaNOL
10-22-2004, 01:03 AM
I want the same toy and catch giant fly with it :)

yeah, excellent :applause: :buttrock: and great idea !

decembermoon
10-22-2004, 01:19 AM
great work as always . :thumbsup:
ramdan karim

Ali Imran Zaidi
10-23-2004, 08:33 AM
Hello Khalid.

I love your concept, and love to feel your style.
Good modeling and lighting. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

RedDream
10-23-2004, 10:34 AM
Ho ho!Look look
It`s a robot or a animal??
Great work!!:eek: very like it:bounce:

Naseem
10-23-2004, 01:43 PM
Wonderful work as usual Khalid, the hunting Toy looks very cool and the render rocks, I like the Arabian eagle shows a character of honor and respect :thumbsup:

lteer lteer 7elo ^_^

AbueroAllenstein
10-23-2004, 05:21 PM
Excellent work, congratulations.

KHALID
10-24-2004, 07:50 PM
Dear all,
Thanks again for your reinforcement to my work, It really is an Honor to here all these nice things about my images.
I hope to live to your expectations in the future, and be worthy of all these nice words..

Thank you all, :)

jayezon
10-25-2004, 05:33 AM
Very very nice! Fantastic work!!!:bounce:

HarLekiN
10-25-2004, 08:11 PM
Wow, Khalid, I have to say this is one of the most beautiful things I've seen here! Not only is it complex and with a good taste, but also done very professional! A real masterpiece, IMHO!

zengliang
10-26-2004, 03:23 AM
surprise works

ssjgogetta
10-28-2004, 02:59 AM
Wow, that is a very super amazing, utterly good model. Any chance you can tell me what modelling technique you used?

KHALID
10-28-2004, 04:32 PM
Thanks a lot guys, I am still happy for the comments..
about the modeling, is very general , I have built every thing from a box then I ad more details to it, the tools in LW 8 are getting easer to model, if you have a specified question to a certain part I will be glad to help you understand.
Thanks again,

Faris3D
10-30-2004, 10:14 PM
hi my brother ..KHALID :)

good nice .

5 stars :thumbsup:

frontpage :bounce:

blessed

KHALID
10-30-2004, 10:53 PM
Thanks ...I am happy you like Brother.. :)

kronicle
10-30-2004, 10:56 PM
WOWWW.... im blown away !

anwar
10-30-2004, 11:43 PM
great model

proud to see an arab designer in this level of advance

:)

nelll
11-02-2004, 10:35 AM
pretty cool!

sk72
11-08-2004, 01:21 PM
Dear Khaled,
It's amazing how this beautiful bird is magically reflecting the Arabic style, even if you
don't go too much into the details. When you see it at the first time you can feel it simply,
and thats because you're a real artist my friend, you're creating things by your heart.
I'm so impressed and I'm one of your fans Khaled, and trust me.. your passion is obvious
and will lead you to the very top.

- Samhar -

KHALID
11-08-2004, 04:24 PM
wow!!
Thanks all I really appreciate all your nice comments, am so happy to give a you all some inspiration from my thought, after a while we for get that what we have is a gift, and each and every one of us has a gift, we have to not forget to thank God for our gifts, and to use it to better us and others across the world, all the artist should be proud to give to this world of colors.
Be happy and create for all :)
Thank you..

SWAREZ
11-10-2004, 09:40 PM
I like it a lot! Where can I buy one of these toys! Ha,ha...ha..Great Work!

shadi
11-18-2004, 06:32 AM
Hi Khaled I am proud with your work .

Fatoma
11-18-2004, 04:55 PM
Woooooooow!!

mashalaaaa *_* !!

awesome work!!

7elo ani achof 3rb methlek mobd3een ^___^

hope to be like you ... one day ^^"

keep it up '7alid and show us more:thumbsup: !!

Ruadhraigh
11-19-2004, 11:39 PM
Superb - straight out of "Do androids dream of electric sheep?" (Phillip K Dick) [better known as "Blade Runner", though that's an interpretation too.]

dEAthbl0w
11-22-2004, 07:51 PM
that's a great ,very good JOB

lhvio89
11-28-2004, 02:51 PM
Everything about this one is great...no crits here! Great job!

blakbird
12-28-2004, 02:01 PM
Congratulations

artchique
12-30-2004, 05:20 PM
great detail!

mogla
01-02-2005, 05:38 PM
Kahlid,

Most beautiful.

Awesome detail and texturing.

Jackbull
01-03-2005, 06:01 PM
greatjob, goodlooking bird.

linen_umbrella
02-26-2005, 09:25 PM
Fabulous job :) The details are extremely inspiring.

Husain
11-13-2005, 04:11 PM
filnally !!

I found a great arabic 3D dersgner :)

Hi man , How are you ??

I feel very happy now because when I enter this site I was feel bad because I didn't see like this 3D word on arabic site .

Just yesterday I decided to learn 3D .

I'm 20 years old and from bahrain too ;)

All best

Hussain

CGTalk Moderation
11-13-2005, 04:11 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.