PDA

View Full Version : Troll Walk Cycle

KenH
10-03-2004, 11:12 PM
I'm refining the walk cycle for my Troll and would appreciate any feedback. You can find it here(2MB):

http://homepage.eircom.net/~KenHeslip/Troll%20Walk.mov

Wolf S
10-04-2004, 12:29 AM
:thumbsup: smooth
imho the head goes quite a bit too much up and down. " :buttrock: "
maybe give him some more hip-rotation instead.
keep going :p... errr walking..

Wolf

Capel
10-05-2004, 02:36 AM
I instantly thought i was looking at some "guy" walking down the street. It doesn't really seem to fit the character. Sure, the motion is good, but it's all wrong for an Ogre... I'd have him hunched over a lot more, and i'd have him lumbering along, like he weighs a ton. I think slowing it down a bunch would help as well. Just a few thoughts! Nice model and textures!

Morganism
10-05-2004, 03:23 AM
Yeah, I think Capel's right on. He's got sort of a "Pimp walk." If he's big and weighs a lot, it would be harder to throw that weight back and forth. So I'd keep his head a little more centered over his feet. Slowing it down would be a good bet, too.

KenH
10-05-2004, 11:12 AM
The old (T-rex) lumbering or agile argument. :) Is that fat or is it muscle. lol I agree he's moving fast as it's more of a run than a walk.(The short involves him being chased) Thanks for the comments and I take them on board. :)

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 11:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.