PDA

View Full Version : local component move issues

zeebit
10-03-2004, 08:27 AM
I am a maya user.
hehe
I am wondering if in modo there is a way to move a group of faces (that share edges) along their own local z value.(not an avged normal value)
the local action center works IF your selection is a single component or is made of up isolated single components, i.e, nothing shares an edge.

in maya you would select your group of faces, then run the move component tool and voila you could scale/rotate/move them all along their own local axes at one time.
modo apparently avgs the normals of all the selected faces that share edges and uses that to base its tranformations on. which is essentially the "selection" action center mode.

does anyone know of a work around, an option to change this, or something of that sort?

thanks,
pete

ChristianFischer
10-03-2004, 08:47 AM
hi zeebit.

there is a tool called "push" which moves the polygons along their normals.
(the polygons also keep their shape)

chris

kursad_pileksuz
10-03-2004, 08:24 PM
push tool is going to scale your polygons while moving your polygon among the normal,
but there is local action center. local action center is good for islands of selection, and as far as i understand, local action center also averages within the selection patches , but it can do stuff that selection or auto center cannot
basically there is no absolute move component tool in modo, but there are work arounds.

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 11:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.