PDA

View Full Version : chase an edge?

animquer
10-03-2004, 12:57 AM
I am reading practical manual, thay showed how to chase a polygon, but i want to chase just one edge of it, is that posible,,

aminuts
10-03-2004, 05:48 AM
I don't think so...not yet. Far as I know there is no way to select just one single edge, just a single poly. Perhaps in future updates but that's up to pixologic, I reckon, as I am not sure what their mission statement is....ie...remain what it is...a unique product in an overcrowded market or if they have grander plans to join the 3d giants. I kinda like the niche their are in but they have really progressed rather well from their beginnings and I could see them going places other programs haven't but I like them just the way they are....well a few minor things I would change hahahaha but hell I am sure my spouse says the same about me!

animquer
10-06-2004, 01:01 PM
I am traumated by the polygon seletion metod,, ok shift+ctrl is ok, but why can't I click to select/deselect?, But good/great! program overall

aminuts
10-07-2004, 06:41 AM
Ctrl-shift drag let go of mouse button first selects anything under the green window

Ctrl-shift drag let go of shift key first deselects anything under the red window

hope that helps

onlooker
10-07-2004, 09:36 AM
It's just ctrl+shift & click on a blank spot anywhere in the window to deselect. How hard is that?
I think the idea is to use the same approach in and out of the selection method. It makes it all the easier to remember. It becomes second nature after a while. I've only had Z2 for a day, and I'm already used to that part. :) You are right though. Great program.. no - Stellar program. :thumbsup:

richcz3
10-07-2004, 05:12 PM
It's just ctrl+shift & click on a blank spot anywhere in the window to deselect. How hard is that?...editWhen you are looking for precise line of polys to select, especially when a model has many curved areas, the rectangular selection tool has allot to be desired. The polygroups and alpha tools aren't a complete solution either. It would be nice to have at least a poly selection tool that is size adjustable in the next revision. For right now I have export to an obj file and import back to LW to get precise selections faster.

richcz3

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 11:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.