PDA

View Full Version : delete one object -> everything is deleted

Exan
10-02-2004, 08:25 PM
Hello,

For example:
If I create a sphere and convert to a sub-d model [ TAB ] , there is still a polygonal model.
But if I wanna delete the polygonal based one, the sub-d will be also deleted.

2. Example:
Create a Box, create a second box... delete one box -> the second one will be also deleted.

---------------
If I want to create a second layer, the first layer gets invisible...

thats annoying.
please help me.

ciao,
Lex.

leonard-davi
10-02-2004, 08:39 PM
go to polygon selection mode and double click in one poly and delete
make in diferent layers the objects ....

Aegis Prime
10-02-2004, 08:40 PM
Firstly, if you create a sphere and convert it into a sub-d model using the tab key then there's still only one sphere - it's just sub-d's now instead of regular polygons (although you may see the sub-d "cage" surrounding it which you can toggle off incidentally).

Secondly, if nothing is selected, modo treats everything (in the current layer) as selected so if you've got two cubes in one layer with neither selected and you hit delete they'll both vanish. Double-click on one of the cubes in polygon mode to select it then hit delete...

Lastly, if you click in the "bg" column of the Mesh List then you'll see your other layers in the background (and you can use them as constraints too :D).

Exan
10-02-2004, 08:54 PM
ah...
there wasn't any cage because its visibility was deactivated. dunno why...
but now its okay.

the double-click-polygon-object-selection-method works fine. :D

@lastly:
yargh!
*smile* thanks... I'm getting older ;)

Thank ya!

Ciao,
Lex *happy*

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 11:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.