PDA

View Full Version : Morpher Tool

LyonLionel
10-02-2004, 09:04 AM
Could someone kindly please tell me how to use the Morpher tool in Shake 3.5 pls?

Much appreciated. Thanks.

beaker
10-03-2004, 01:21 AM
Not to be a dick, but RTFM. Thats what they are there for. Come back with questions about more specific issues your having with the tool.

LyonLionel
10-03-2004, 03:18 AM
thanks i guess.

Ross Forster
10-03-2004, 03:52 AM
I dont think beaker was meaning to be offensive or anything, its just that people should read the manual first before embarking on here to ask questions that the manual can answer.

LyonLionel
10-03-2004, 03:56 AM
i totally understand. it was a fault on my part. I wrote this thread yesterday night when i was rushing for deadline with my school project and also when i had a lack of sleep thus i guess i had no time.

but again, no excuse.

Thanks.

LFGabel
10-13-2004, 08:13 PM
Is there any way to do morphing in Shake 2.5? I've tried layering IDeform nodes with a certain amount of success, but it's far from an ideal solution.

Peter Litwinowicz
10-13-2004, 11:04 PM
The only solution I know off for Shake 2.51 and later is our RE:Flex plugin ($795.00).

http://www.revisionfx.com

Pete

boboroshi
10-14-2004, 11:38 PM
Or you can use our free mesh warper :) the page has info on how we built it so you understand how it works. it's a 3x3 grid. we've got a 6x6 somewhere, but it's pretty rough.

http://www.meticulous.com/effects/m3warp.php

LFGabel
10-15-2004, 02:13 AM
Thanks Peter & John,

Actually, I tried to install yout script, John, and couldn't get it to work. I copied over the files, the icon came up but when I click on it, nothing happens.

boboroshi
10-15-2004, 05:32 PM
Thanks Peter & John,

Actually, I tried to install yout script, John, and couldn't get it to work. I copied over the files, the icon came up but when I click on it, nothing happens.

Hmm. that's odd. It was built on a windows box and tested on windows and os x. I know it's being abused by some friends at ILM right now...

You might try downloading it from here:

http://highend2d.com/shake/macros/?group=shakemacros&section=warp

LFGabel
10-22-2004, 02:43 AM
Is there a particular version of Shake that it is rated to run for, obviously if it runs on windows, less than v2.5...?

[edit]
My bad. I had one of the files in the wrong directory... Works great! Thank you! :)

boboroshi
10-26-2004, 06:52 PM
Enjoy Lee! Let us know how you use it. Always interested to see how people come up with things we never imagined possible :)

LFGabel
10-27-2004, 10:01 AM
Cool! I will!

BTW, is M3Warp open source? If I was to modify it (emphasize the word *if*), would that be okay? Any licensing rules?

boboroshi
10-27-2004, 10:43 PM
Lee -

What did you want to do? I mean, we already have one that's not quite as polished as the 3x3 that's a 6x6 grid.Just trying to keep you from doing obnoxious amounts of work that have already been done ;)

Yeah, i mean, it's literally open source, you can open the macro in a text editor and see :) My partner who wrote it says that basically, you can hack it to pieces, but you can't release it as something. if he likes the change, then we'd talk abotu incorporating it and still giving it away for free.

LFGabel
10-28-2004, 01:44 AM
My first thought was to have a slider, or a series of buttons that could control the mesh density (3, 6, 9, etc).

And of course I would not release it. I'd forward it on to you guys to look over. Besides, right now it's nothing but idle thoughts... I don't consider myself a programmer, but I've done a little bit here and there.

boboroshi
11-01-2004, 06:25 PM
Yeha. we had talked abotu a slider, but it was a bit too much work. We had a 3x3 and a we have a 6x6 that's not really cleaned up, but works well enoguh for production. The slider for grid density would be cool.

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 11:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.