PDA

View Full Version : Maya to MODO questions

plodej
10-02-2004, 02:45 AM
I am a long time Maya user and I am wondering if there are ways of doing the following in MODO:
1. In Maya hitting spacebar you can change between viewports how can one do this in MODO. Going to the menu and choosing top, bottom, perspective and so on is rather annoying and redundant.
2. I hate the trackball control and it keeps on bouncing back how can I permanently turn it off?
3. How do I get the interface to "look like" or resemble Maya, I thought it was supposed to be in the layouts but it's not there...that's a minor thing....:)

So far so good, MODO is great. I will show my automotive interior project soon. Hint...2006 Mazda 3 interior:)

leonard-davi
10-02-2004, 02:54 AM
1. In Maya hitting spacebar you can change between viewports how can one do this in MODO. Going to the menu and choosing top, bottom, perspective and so on is rather annoying and redundantin modo press 0 .. its like maya
2. I hate the trackball control and it keeps on bouncing back how can I permanently turn it off?just press alt+F12 when u desative , this gona save ur confing
3. How do I get the interface to "look like" or resemble Maya, I thought it was supposed to be in the layouts but it's not there...that's a minor thing....:)
go in the menu
view > viewport color scheme > maya ... and enjoy !
hugs

plodej
10-02-2004, 03:02 AM
Cool, cool..thnx a bunch..one more thing I just thought about...in Maya when you select an object and hit F it brings the object into focus. Is there a hotkey for this in MODO? Thnx again:)

leonard-davi
10-02-2004, 03:04 AM
press A its the same of F in maya cya

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 08:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.