PDA

View Full Version : viewport rotates opposite to lightwave

gt3d
10-01-2004, 09:22 PM
anybody know how i can alter modos viewport in a way that will make it behave like lightwave? if you pull down on your mouse in modo in the viewport modo will rotate the viewport down ,lightwave works the opposite way around and when you pull down the viewport roatates or tilts up , also in modo if you pull your mouse to the left the viewport will swing to the left again in lightwave this is the opposite way around and pulling left would swing the viewport to the right , as strange as this seems i have become really used to it in lightwave and having modo work differently is killing my workflow, there must be a way to have it behave like modeller since the creators are mainly ex-newtek staff, any info in this would be a big help as i cant find anything in the manual

c-g
10-01-2004, 09:39 PM
Try getting used to the alt-shove method of viewport navigation. Hold down the alt key and push the view around. It is faster than moving your mouse u to the corner of the window and making sure you have it over the right icon. I can't remember when I used the rotate icons, I had to load up modeler to see what you were talking about. :)

Phil Lawson
10-01-2004, 09:41 PM
Try getting used to the alt-shove method of viewport navigation. Hold down the alt key and push the view around. It is faster than moving your mouse u to the corner of the window and making sure you have it over the right icon. I can't remember when I used the rotate icons, I had to load up modeler to see what you were talking about. :)
Yup, I 100% agree :)

gt3d
10-01-2004, 09:53 PM
you know what the (alt-shove) method as you call it is one way around it and a good one too , cant beleive i never noticed that before and yeah the mouse miles i do back and to going up to the rotate icon and back in a modelling session is crazy now i think of it , so yeah (result) thanks ! i will do that from now on the only thing that bothers me is that in modeller using alt and shove the screen can easily skew and tilt when you dont want it to but i guess that will come with practice ,would of actualy preferrred a way to alter modo to behave like lw but ill take what i can ! thanks guys ! if anyone comes up with a way to simulate the lw viewport navigation let me know but yeah the alt-shove is 1000 times better .

Aegis Prime
10-01-2004, 10:04 PM
Just click on "Texture" in the 3D view and turn off "Trackball Rotation" for a more Modeler-like feel (although as you say with the rotation reversed) - I actually quite like the Alt+drag trackball method now I'm getting used to it...

c-g
10-01-2004, 10:43 PM
you know what the (alt-shove) method as you call it I was having fun. :)

edit->With trackball rotation turned off it won't skew on ya. With it on and that skewed viewport is really bugging you, try "viewport.rectify".

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 11:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.