PDA

View Full Version : Re:DVD help movies, how helpful have they been?

MunCHeR
10-01-2004, 07:52 PM
Hi modoers, I'm still anxiously awaiting my boxed modo version, just curious how people have found the so far as getting used to the interface.I have found the progress kind of slow and stilted, but that's just me maybe I'm a slow learner:D, if I do something wrong its hard to know where you've gone wrong.Also will more training material be available to registered users from time to time.Its great to have this kind of learning tool, thanks to brad and the luxology team for making them available, the state of thechnology nowadays I wish more cg content creators would release material like this.

Cheers

MunCH

mokba
10-02-2004, 04:42 PM
I just installed my copy from disc. I had been using the download version and had been making slow progress. I too seem to be a slow learner when it comes to modeling. I have been hitting F1 and watching videos for the last hour and feel like I've spent an entire day in class. I stopped counting my 'gee whiz' statements after about the first 15 minutes. Luxology has hit a home run on not only with this app but also in how they are getting it and the knowledge about how to work it into the users hands (and minds). mokba

MunCHeR
10-02-2004, 05:01 PM
Many thanks for the reply Mokba, that is indeed good news I guess its never easy moving from another app (in my case maya) especially to a "new" breed like modo.Hope theres enough info to keep me occupied :thumbsup:

Cheers

MunCH

silba
10-02-2004, 07:35 PM
Initially it was easy to pick up the basics because I use lightwave but then progress has started to slow down as each tool seems to be more complex. I have not received the dvd's yet but I am sure it will answer a lot of questions

silba

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 10:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.