PDA

View Full Version : Problem with Smudge tool in PS 7

Russta
10-01-2004, 01:17 PM
Hi,
When ever i try to smudge somthing with transparency on the same layer i get a white kind of discharge on the edge of the smudge. Why is it doing this and can i fix it?
I does it whether i used the mouse or wacom tablet.

cheers

ghDude
10-01-2004, 02:35 PM
I at first thought it was a wacom problem, but I tried it without using the tablet and it's the same thing... I get black when I do the smear along the edges with transparent background in the same layer. I tried using the mouse only when with the wacom still hooked up and it was the same thing.

You can probably color the layer to white, then after you are done smearing, use the multiply to knock out the white.
or work everything on the same layer

When I use my work computer with no wacom tablet, the smear works fine.

Russta
10-01-2004, 04:59 PM
hmm, i used to use ps 5.5 with a really REALLY old a6 wacom tablet, and it worked perfectly. its really annoying sometimes you just can't work around it, does anyone know if it works in CS?

Stroker
10-01-2004, 07:05 PM
The only time it happens to me is when I have Preserve Transparency turned on for the layer.

Crazzy Legs
10-07-2004, 09:36 PM
I've had the same problem when using ps 6 and 7. However, I haven't had the problem with CS. Then again, I'm not sure of the conditions I was working in with the older versions of photoshop and the newer one, CS. All I know is, back with versions 6 and 7, I was asking myself, "what the heck is wrong with the smudge?"
Now I don't do that with CS. I haven't noticed any problems like that.

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 10:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.