PDA

View Full Version : changing the Interface background color?

E.T
10-01-2004, 09:55 AM
Is this possible? In Painter i can change whatever i prefer (in my case a darker gray than photoshop offers)

Ive never seen any setting, but ill settle for a registry hack if that is what it takes.

E.T

Stroker
10-01-2004, 12:26 PM
You can't change the main window background.
However, you can change the extra canvas colour. You know, if the active doc window is bigger than the working canvas.

Choose your colour using the foreground swatch.
Select the Paintbucket tool.
Shift + click in the extra space.
Tada.

I use this trick all the time.
Although, still can't get rid of the black outline. Getting rid of the black line has been requested. We'll see if Adobe implements.

nofxsapunk
10-01-2004, 12:46 PM
it is actually possible to make your program darker for most programs if you are running windows select or create a color scheme that you like and your windows will make all of your programs usually run at that color

E.T
10-01-2004, 12:55 PM
stroker you are THE MAN, or something equally cool :)

Ive been looking for that for i dont know how long.

exactly what i needed. like getting a gift :)

Stroker
10-01-2004, 01:08 PM
NP, dude.

Following what nofxsapunk said, I took a romp through Control Panel > Display. After a bit of poking around, I found 'Application Background', which was kind of buried under an Advanced button.
Sure enough, it changes the background for the main Photoshop window.
I'm staring at an ugly red right now instead of the neutral grey.

nofxsapunk
10-01-2004, 01:22 PM
i wasnt sure if that is what he was looking for thats why i didnt go ionto great detail but if it worked then there ya go. the black looks awsome for a huge change

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 11:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.