PDA

View Full Version : Modeling Help

onimusqa
10-01-2004, 12:45 AM
A few questions..

1. How do I delete points and polygons when I'm in polygon selection mode? For example, if I were to make a polygon selection of an entire obect and and hit the delete key.. all points and polygons would be deleted. The problem with deleting polygons is that the points are not deleted and I would have to make an extra step in deleting the remaining points.

2. How do I merge points that share the same coordinates?

3. How do I make a customary pie menu? The only pie menu that comes up on keyboard is "option q" and "option space". I would like to have my own selection of tools using different pie menus configured for different shortcuts.

Your help is greatly appreciated.. thanks!

chrisdz
10-01-2004, 01:50 AM
1. Manual page 274 (Ctrl-X or cut)
2. Manual Page 420 (Merge Vertex Command)
3. Manual Page 427 (Configure your own pie menus using the forms editor)

onimusqa
10-01-2004, 05:50 AM
Thanks for the help Chris.. :thumbsup:

Sbowling
10-01-2004, 06:04 AM
A few questions..

1. How do I delete points and polygons when I'm in polygon selection mode? For example, if I were to make a polygon selection of an entire obect and and hit the delete key.. all points and polygons would be deleted. The problem with deleting polygons is that the points are not deleted and I would have to make an extra step in deleting the remaining points.

I'm going to make a wild guess that you are on a mac. On a Mac the delete key is actualy the backspace key on all other systems. What I think you want to use is the small delete key that is under the help key. At least this is my best guess, since I haven't used Modo on a mac.

Vertizor
10-01-2004, 05:23 PM
I'm going to make a wild guess that you are on a mac. On a Mac the delete key is actualy the backspace key on all other systems. What I think you want to use is the small delete key that is under the help key. At least this is my best guess, since I haven't used Modo on a mac. For our Mac laptop weilding friends, it's Fn + Del (the only Delete key we have).

awrieger
10-01-2004, 09:52 PM
I'm going to make a wild guess that you are on a mac. On a Mac the delete key is actualy the backspace key on all other systems. What I think you want to use is the small delete key that is under the help key.

That is absolutely correct. The delete key (next to the =+ key), which is the backspace key on PCs, clears only the polygon but leaves the points. The delete key (under the help key) deletes all.

aw

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 11:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.