PDA

View Full Version : making new polygroups?

eldee
09-30-2004, 06:55 PM
Im wondering how to make new polygroups for imported tools.. lets say for example i create a head model in maya, then export it for use in zbrush. when i import it, the entire thing is a single polygroup. however when i create a head from scratch in zbrush (using zspheres), each zsphere becomes a polygroup.

meats
09-30-2004, 07:30 PM
You can easily create polygroups using the "polygroup" buttons found under the Tool>Polygroups palette.

Auto Group will examine the topology of your model and assign different groups where there is a abrupt change in topology.

UV Groups will be asigned according to where your UV's are layed out in your 3d package.

Group Visible gives you the most control. Hide everything but certain sections and then press this button. A group will be created. Show everything and hide everything but another section. Press again. Rinse and repeat.

Hope it helps

eldee
09-30-2004, 08:43 PM
sweet.. thanks alot. im finding the deeper i dig, there is so much more hidden in all of those collapsible menus. lol ;)
before i knew what a polygroup was, i wouldnt have cared less about them.. but after using them in zbrush it makes isolating work areas soooo much nicer. just try modeling the inside of a mouth without being able to hide the upper or lower half of the head! :thumbsup:

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 09:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.