PDA

View Full Version : Poly selection Edge Loops

richcz3
09-30-2004, 05:58 PM
Is there a better way to select polys for edge loops?

Currently I am trying to use the rectangle mask tools but they are hard to select details with. I've tried the alpha method with the smallest brush and inverted selection but the resulst are always mixed. I end up exporting to Lightwave and making changes and importing again to ZBrush. There is also the group selection but that also needs selection. I would prefer to keep my model in ZBrush for the whole process.

Is there a way to select polys more precisely???

TIA

richcz3

aminuts
10-02-2004, 05:07 PM
Have you tried using the ctrl-shift drag method?

Hold the ctrl-shift keys while dragging over the polys....a green rectangle will appear if you let go of the mouse button first the area selected will be visible...to select more ctrl-shift drag outside the model to see the hidden and repeat......or

ctrl-shift drag to select but let go of the shift key first to see a red rectangle ...this will hide those parts so you can continue to select polys til you have what you want then ctrl-shift drag to view the hidden....finish removing the last bits by doing the same til ya have what ya want.

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 10:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.