PDA

View Full Version : modo crashes on save or export

randyman
09-30-2004, 03:28 AM
I'm using a 2.0ghz dual G5 Mac. modo runs fine, but any time I go to save, it crashes on me. Frustrating, to say the least...

I'm using an ATI Radeon 9800 to drive two monitors. Any ideas/suggestions?

thanks, Randy

Paul-Angelo
09-30-2004, 10:41 PM
I keep having an issue with Modo crashing. I made a new layout and while making it Modo crashed. Now everytime I load Modo I get a popup window that says "Program Error modo.exe has generated errors and will be closed by Windows. You will need to restart the program." Nothing I do resolves the problem. I even reinstalled Modo and it still does the same exact thing. I am using Windows 2000 Nvidia FX5700 Ultra with Dual Screen monitors 1500mb ram.

http://www.imake3d.com/images/Modo_crash.jpg

Dion Burgoyne
09-30-2004, 11:01 PM
Hmm, looks like you need to delete your modo.cfg

Just do a search for modo.cfg and delete it, it's your general config file...

If you run into this issue again please send an e-mail to cs@luxology.com

randyman
09-30-2004, 11:31 PM
Dion was kind enough to send me a private message asking for more information. How's that for customer care! :thumbsup: I've decided to reply in public, in case it can be of aid to anyone else.

I first ran into the crashing problem last night. While at work today, I remembered that the only other time I recalled having a repeatable crash problem with my G5 involved Unsanity's Application Enhancement Manager (APE), which I have installed so I can run their WindowShade utility.

Now, I like Unsanity and their products, but sometimes they cause system conflicts. APE allows you to specify applications that will disable APE while running; I added modo to the short list, and bingo! Problem solved.

I'm loving modo, and kind of wish I hadn't posted so quickly. I hope this can help someone else... and thanks, Dion.

Paul-Angelo
09-30-2004, 11:39 PM
That fixed the problem, Thanks!

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 10:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.