PDA

View Full Version : symmetry problem

leonard-davi
09-30-2004, 02:32 AM
hey guy i need one help here
when i use symmetry and use edge slice the otherside simply dont repeat the cut for example
http://www.leonardodavi.com/modo/problem.JPG
i use edgeslice and cut in the left side but in the right side (red line) dont do the cut..
how i can get one perfect instance on modo ? thnx ... hugs

kursad_pileksuz
09-30-2004, 07:41 AM
there are couple of bugs regarding symmetry :( i am personally not using symmetry until there is near permanent solution to those bugs. but this one i have not seen at all.even thou when you mirror it again, it wont cut?

leonard-davi
09-30-2004, 05:44 PM
no :( some one have one solution for this ?

yog
09-30-2004, 05:52 PM
It works for me :shrug:

leonard-davi
09-30-2004, 06:02 PM
hey maybe it's because of my gforce ??? some one here have the same problem on it and use nvidia cards ?? maybe it's this ...

Nikola
09-30-2004, 06:11 PM
if theres no symmetry (when u sellect polygons) of the part u r cutting try this:

export 2 obj
load into lw modeler
delete half of the model
regain symmetry
export back 2 Modo

hope this will help :)

Dion Burgoyne
09-30-2004, 07:26 PM
The only thing that I can think of is that the object isn't symmetrical to begin with. Doing the same thing with a symmetrical object (like a unit box for instance) it was working fine for me. However deleting half the box, aligning the edge to X, 0 and mirroring would be the best way to assure symmetry.

Wyldwulf
10-07-2004, 02:52 PM
I have noticed that using the falloff on extrusions will often give you what appears to be symmetry, but really isn't and thus busts the symmetery only for the p/v/edges that are contained in that extrusion or follow it.

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 10:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.