PDA

View Full Version : graph tab

5parts
09-30-2004, 01:14 AM
Well, im yet another znoob (seems to be the fashion to just add "z's" everywhere) and ive got a real basic question about my graph tablet.
basically what are the advantages of using a graph tab vs just using my mouse. Ive only been learning zbrush for bout 3 days now, and so far, ive only used it with my mouse.
I ask because ive read that you can get around zbrush with a mouse, but a tablet is much much much much better. is that so? 3 days now, and i havent found it necessary, let alone usefull to bring my tablet into the game. I wasnt able to find anything on this, but does zbrush support pen pressure and whatnot? (like photoshop for example) where i can go in and define my brush dynamics?

5parts.

Frenchy Pilou
09-30-2004, 01:23 AM
..Joking?
How can you draw easily and precisely some veins or vrinckles with a mouse on a 3D model? :)
(in real time in Zbrush)
No a tablett is some better if you are artist and no times to lost :cool:
And as Zbrush is also a 2D application, painting is some hard with a mouse :)
Of course pressure is supported :)
It's seems that you have not draw a simple line of paint for see the difference between mouse and pen :eek:
Try it ! Result will be different if Zadd is on :)
You have exactly the same use than toshop in 2D, even more :)

5parts
09-30-2004, 03:57 AM
For drawing textures, ive no doupt a tablet is better, but then again, i havent really touched that part of zbrush. first time i fired z, i used my tablet, but i went in and started putting down some zshperes and found myself going back to my mouse no matter what so i havent really used it yet.

I actually feel really stupid, cuz between my frist post and this one, i discovered a "tablet" menu in the preferences...

I think i need to not put the chariot in front of the horse, and start from the start.
I'll be back...

5parts

pollywoggles
10-01-2004, 07:46 AM
If anyone sees you using Zbrush with a mouse, you'll be run out of town! ;-) Seriously, there does seems to be a strong community bias against the mouse-- probably for good reason-- as Frenchy Pilou outlined.

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 10:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.