PDA

View Full Version : RMB - context menu not happening?

onlooker
09-29-2004, 09:25 PM
On page 19 of the User Guide there is a RIGHT mouse button contextual menu in 3D view to change selection modes that I don't seem to have. All the tools are off, and I've done it on a Polygon, Edge, Vert, and outside the model with no luck. Am I doing something wrong?

Im using OS X 10.3.5 on a 867 G4 QS_SP.

Exan
09-29-2004, 09:31 PM
simple click ? Without holding it ?
Dunno, but at me it works fine.

Tried to restart modo ?
Seems that you do something wrong

cryo
09-29-2004, 09:34 PM
make sure you're not right clicking over geometry. it has to be in an open area....or at least from memory that is how it works.

ambient-whisper
09-29-2004, 09:37 PM
it doesnt work in maya navigation mode if thats what your using. ( atleast thats what someone told me. i havent bothered to check yet )

Exan
09-29-2004, 09:52 PM
i've maya nav mode turned on, and it seems to work.

kursad_pileksuz
09-29-2004, 09:53 PM
it does not work in maya navigation mode due to paint selection assigned to that command i guess
it doesnt work in maya navigation mode if thats what your using. ( atleast thats what someone told me. i havent bothered to check yet )

Exan
09-29-2004, 10:07 PM
hmm
yea... it doesn't work... There I was at fault. Doesn't matter.

onlooker
09-29-2004, 10:33 PM
it does not work in maya navigation mode due to paint selection assigned to that command i guess

That must be it. I think I might try and reassign Paint selection to the middle mouse button. We'll see.

[edit]

It's going to be a while before I get this working. I've barley scratched the surface of the docs.

brap
09-29-2004, 10:40 PM
Is there any way to convert the selection using that menu? That would be handy.

onlooker
09-29-2004, 10:48 PM
I think if you press control and do it it will, or alt/option.

drkollossus
09-30-2004, 05:22 AM
Thanks Every body you all jsut answered the question that has been bugging me for the las week. My copy at work I can right click on an element (vertex, edge, poly) and swithc to editing in that mode, but at home it didn't work. At home I was in Maya mode and at work Default. Learning something new every day...

MasonDoran
09-30-2004, 09:25 AM
i found the paint select very handy as i dont use the RMB in Maya much because of the wicked alt+q marking menu which is also in modo

brap
09-30-2004, 01:05 PM
I think if you press control and do it it will, or alt/option.I've tried that, and it doesn't seem to do a Convert if you change modes from the drop down instead of the buttons at the top.

Edit: Just found the Convert command. Once mapped to a key that's a plenty speedy method of converting selections! :)

justincoombs21
12-05-2004, 05:23 PM
But how do you fix the problem? I have the exact same issue, and all of u have said you fixed it, but how do u fix the RMB issue? What is this Maya mode? Where is it located?

you udnerstand ym frustration with the program, and my version at work also selects, but mine at home doesnt-

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 09:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.