PDA

View Full Version : Smoothing areas takes forever?

NATEMO
09-29-2004, 09:18 PM
Hi everyone , Iam trying to import a model and have the nice crease in it but the thing is I cant seem to think that you have to select every face and apply a crease to it..

Is there any easy way to import your model and make some hard creases to it ?

I cant see how you could select the faces you want with Ctrl Shift action... since you can only select faces on one side at a time.

anyone know what iam talking about?

meats
09-29-2004, 11:19 PM
Hi NATEMO,

It is always easier to select individual sections when you begin with a low poly count model (obviously the less polygons you have, the less you have to worry about selecting).

I cant see how you could select the faces you want with Ctrl Shift action... since you can only select faces on one side at a time.
Dragging a selection box actually does select faces on both sides of the model. Turning on "Double" within the Tool>Display properties will make this more obvious.

Holding Ctrl/Shift combo hides polygons outside of the rectangle -
Holding Ctrl/Shift combo and then releasing shift hides the polygons inside of the rectangle.
Using the combination of the two should make it a bit easier to select.
A lasso style selection tool would be much easier, for sure.

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 10:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.