PDA

View Full Version : Rendered polevault animation..

d_jnaneswar
09-29-2004, 08:44 PM
Hi people..

heres the adjusted and rendered polevault anim that I did for the anim session..

http://www.redrival.com/the3dguy/movies/polevaultcomposit2.zip

c&c please..

thanks..

e.d.

fallencat
09-30-2004, 04:41 AM
I like the aniamtion.. but there are 2 things, nop.. 3 things I would fix if I were you ;)

1st, at the beginging.. when he has both feet in the air.. there is a pause, try do some animation on him ( like look at the camera and give a ready to go signal ) right now it feel odd.. too short ! ;)

2nd, when the pole become "U" shape at the end.. make him do MORE fallowthru/over shoot, make ppl feel how he feel ( Panic, Oops, Ouch !! ) by shaking his legs ..etc

3rd, the box bounce at the end.. make it more randomly... not every thing weight the same..

these are my 2 cents, hope it helped. cheers ;)

elmasfeo
09-30-2004, 08:51 PM
That's very well done, my only crits would be that when he's flying there is a moment when he seems to fall a little and then go up again... maybe you should make him to go slowly down just a little, continously, just to make him "move" while flying and not to be all the time in the same part of the screen
...and I think that the U that the pole makes at the end is too heavy, I mean it wouldnt bent like that, maybe you should make the whole pole to bend like a parabole, in a more open curve...
again very nice animation

andy_maxman
10-01-2004, 08:09 AM
hey dude,
wheres the ending part? it was very funny. you plan to remove it?

d_jnaneswar
10-02-2004, 07:06 PM
great crits there guys.

fallencat: why did the cat fall? ;) ....
great crits there...thx... cirtainly luv the second crit... im gonna make his legs do frantic cycles or something..... it'll be great addition...
im gonna see into the first and 3rd crits too....
elmas: Ill try the crit on flying... I see what you mean... and about the pole in the end.. I first made it a parabola shape.. but then liked this one more... I will look at the parabola one again too...

andy: hey there man.. that last scene needs some good texturing... Im gonna do that slowly (you dont know how much I hate texturing in comparison to animation).. right now im thining aobut this months session. just downloaded the sounds and am thinking of the boomstick idea.. could not nail the poses down yet.. but im gonna be there soon.. playing with it... dont remember seeing your entry there for this sound one...whats up???

will work on this and update soon... thanks guys...

andy_maxman
10-04-2004, 04:57 AM
andy: dont remember seeing your entry there for this sound one...whats up???

i'm already feeling all so mucky about not seeing my name in there. i'm trying all the possible ways vasthu can help me be a part of this session. waking up with my right foot down first. brushing anticlockwise. shoving my right leg first in my jocks. hey ...and what not else man...
i hope they have entries open till the last minute.
cheers!
andy

d_jnaneswar
10-04-2004, 07:43 PM
but....did you try punching your boss???? That usually gives people a lot of time to work on their own...;)

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 10:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.