PDA

View Full Version : Character: Michael Jordan

artist71
09-29-2004, 04:34 PM
Hi. I am trying to make Michael Jordan. This is what I have so far. Can anybody help me figure out whats wrong. I feel like its starting to look a little bit like him but somthing is off...especially when I put the eyes in. Ill post more later. Thanks!http://animart.homestead.com/files/Jordans.jpg

the_grimreaper
09-29-2004, 06:09 PM
woah dude, looks awesome show es one with eyes :D

Knotter8
09-29-2004, 06:14 PM
En face looks pretty good. En profil is a bit off. MJ's eyebrows and nose tip are more sharp, not that round-ish. Maybe 'tighten' the skin a bit more too...

I know, actual resemblence is a tough thing to pull off. I'm busy right now myself on my very first realistic human head model. I thought I'd portray myself becuz I know my own head best ; at least.... so I thought. I only have an en face pic of me, no real en profil picture. Took me a long time to reach 'hey that pretty much looks like me' level.
Otherwise the modeling of your MJ looks very nice !

Rabid pitbull
09-29-2004, 06:16 PM
Looks very good, I think what is bothering you might be in the shape of the eyelds. Seem too large maybe. I haven't looked at a picture of him in a while so just from memory. You must be working off an older image as reference; because lately he is starting to look much older than this. He is more puffy around eyes and wrinkles are coming in too, but for a render of the golden years this is excelent.

Sp3ctre
09-29-2004, 06:20 PM
it's looking good, but maybe post some of your reference shots so we've got something to compare it to. although most everyone recognizes MJ, not everyone knows all the minute details of his face.

RustyNail
09-29-2004, 08:32 PM
:eek: Very nice likeness, I would like to see some eyes in there.:thumbsup:

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 09:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.