PDA

View Full Version : Animation: Simple Kneel to Stand

Tukata
09-29-2004, 12:19 PM
Hey everyone I posted this in the Animation/Flash WIP forum but it seems like this gets a little more traffic by animators as apposed to Web Designers. Just a quick little animation of a Knight transitioning from a kneel to a stand. Crits and Comments are most welcome.

http://www.3dvoodoo.com/movies/SKTest04.mov

nottoshabi
09-29-2004, 06:32 PM
It looks good. Just try not to make his hand go thru his leg, and hold the hand on the knee just a little longer.

Verry nice :beer:

Tukata
09-29-2004, 08:54 PM
Thanks =) I can probably fix the hand with the curve tangets, I'll set to work on it!

jimcoldt
09-29-2004, 09:03 PM
I agree with both of the above comments.

I'm not sure if this is just going to be one clip, or if it's part of a larger animation. Either way, I think it would read better from a 3/4 perspective as opposed to straight on. Always think of the silhouette. Also, speaking of silhouettes, it's kind of difficult to make out the nice details on this character on that bright white background.

other than that, I think it looks quite good.

Tukata
09-29-2004, 09:15 PM
THank you I'll try out that perspective, I really wanted to show the weight shift and I was concerned that from the 3/4th angle I might lose some of the side to side motion. I'll bring down the background color too =)

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 09:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.