PDA

View Full Version : eye rigging and viewing high res textures in the viewport

danydrunk
09-29-2004, 07:26 AM
Hello to everyone! this last three months have been very productive to me, I learned to model decently(although I need to improve a lot still) I learned to envelope a model with the rig that comes with xsi and it has helped me to gain a better understanding of rigging. and then I just recently learned how to texture ! Im doing a character for halloweem, Ill be posting him soon. anyway to the questions:

How do I rigg the eyes so that they follow my character but at the same time be able to rotate them independently? in other words, what is the way to animate eyes? does anyone know a tutorial?

next question is, I have a textured character, and his texture is 1024 * 1024, but in the viewport his texture appears low res, like compressed, when it is rendered it looks fine. I assume this is something by default from xsi to save memory when you are working. So how can I see the texture in high resolution in the viewport?

Thank you and I hope you can help !

Atog
09-29-2004, 01:07 PM
For the rig question, imho you should position contraint the eyes to a part of the rig (the head) and use a direction constraint so that they point to a null or something else.

For the texture problem, in the render tree, double click on the concerned image clip, go to the texturing tab, here you can set how the texture will behave in ogl views (max size, mimaps, etc).

hope it'll help.

danydrunk
09-30-2004, 05:53 AM
thanks a lot to you too men, It helped already for the texturing question, now im going to try the eye problem, thanks !!

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 10:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.