PDA

View Full Version : eye rigging and viewing high res textures in the viewport

danydrunk
09-29-2004, 06:24 AM
Hello to everyone! this last three months have been very productive to me, I learned to model decently(although I need to improve a lot still) I learned to envelope a model with the rig that comes with xsi and it has helped me to gain a better understanding of rigging. and then I just recently learned how to texture ! Im doing a character for halloween, Ill be posting him soon. anyway to the questions:

How do I rigg the eyes so that they follow my character but at the same time be able to rotate them independently? in other words, what is the way to animate eyes? does anyone know a tutorial?

next question is, I have a textured character, and his texture is 1024 * 1024, but in the viewport his texture appears low res, like compressed, when it is rendered it looks fine. I assume this is something by default from xsi to save memory when you are working. So how can I see the texture in high resolution in the viewport?

Thank you and I hope you can help !

3DDave
09-29-2004, 01:59 PM
Under the render tree, select the image and under the texturing tab you will find a OpenGL setting. This sets it per image. You can also change it globally through preferences.

danydrunk
09-30-2004, 03:55 AM
thanks a lot men, I found it, now It looks much better in realtime, just what I wanted.

thanks again !

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 09:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.