PDA

View Full Version : reference image help pls

TiSOy
09-29-2004, 06:23 AM
I tried to load a reference image using the browser and it would not load,,,,,I assume that is loaded because no error showing when I drag the image to my workspace but the image dont show,,,,,,,,,ahhhhhhhh can someone pls help...

Hazmat
09-29-2004, 06:45 AM
Reference image as in an image placed in the background as a modeling guide? If so, L-click on the upper right-hand of your view (wireframe, solid, etc.) and select "Rotoscope", this should bring up a dialogue so that you can load your background image. You have to do this for each view that you want a background in.

TiSOy
09-29-2004, 07:04 AM
yes,,I use rotoscope ,,,,,,,but Im just wondering why cant i just drop and drop from the browser? and yes I want to use it as a reference image...

AlfaWolph
09-29-2004, 07:04 AM
Hrm.. I recently had to tackle the same issue I think.

If you're trying to get it to show in the background of a viewport click on the display type menu (you know where you choose wireframe, shaded, etc..) and click on 'rotoscope'. That should automatically bring up a dialog for you to specify your image you want to use as a reference. Hope that was the display means you were asking about..

TiSOy
10-01-2004, 04:49 AM
no,,thats not it,,,,I know that kind of method on how to bring it to background or use it as a referrence image.........When u go to APPLICATION/VIEW/BROWSER then u will be able to just drag and drop image to ur scene.......it wont work on mine,,,,,it did work when I first installed my xsi.......

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 10:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.