PDA

View Full Version : car headlights

Andrius
08-12-2002, 08:35 PM
OK... i have a big problem.:D

how to make car headlights????

if anyone knows how, or where is a tut about makeing car headlights pleas tell me...

leigh
08-13-2002, 08:45 AM
Are you talking about the actual glass texture on the light or the light itself?
I did some texturing of cars a while back, and I found that the best method is to work from photos taken of them ;)

Andrius
08-13-2002, 11:26 AM
Agian thanks LEIGH:beer:

I allready tried it but sth goes wrong and it doesn't come as realistic as i want....

anywhays i'll keep trying and if anyone finds a tut please let me know:rolleyes:

leigh
08-13-2002, 11:52 AM
Why isn't it realistic enough? What exactly is it that you can't get right? :)
Glass is a tricky one to get looking perfect...

mohh
08-13-2002, 11:57 AM
You'll find a great tutorial in LightWave Applied Version 6.5 & 7.

abcgraphix
08-16-2002, 05:05 PM
Try 3dcar.kg they have a good tutorial on car headlights.
hope it helps
:thumbsup:

Zhalktis
08-19-2002, 12:35 PM
Car headlights?.. :curious:

I'd probably make the metal parts inside with an enviroment map for reflections (if you have a fast com, you could make it raytrace ofcourse).
And I'd actualy model the glass, it should look better that way, but it's a lot of job. You could use a bump map instead. And ofcourse a raytrace material with IOR=1.5.
If you're gonna' make it glowing, you should make a sphere (or a bulb, if you're not lazzy modeling it) inside with a self illuminated material (pure white is good enought).

[P.S. Rasau angliskai is mandagumo...]

Daniel
08-27-2002, 08:21 PM
yes,Insect is right. I use the same way.

And if U make a NEW Car, there are mostly that new kind of lights. U HAVE, U need, U should model them :)

I'm talking about headlights.

Taillights are another prob. But U should model they to. Is not that hard. Yes U can use image maps...But fully modelt looks much better!

Just go outside and study WHAT U see if U look on the car headlight and taillight. Or get some for your work room, so U always can compare to your 3d model ;)

Cya.

capblood
08-28-2002, 10:06 AM
There is a good tutorial anywhere, I'll try to find it.
I like to draw bump/refraction maps for standard cristal textures.

Tumerboy
08-28-2002, 10:37 AM
I agree with Daniel, I tend to model a lot of my headlights, and then use good handmade textures for things like the bump and such on the glass.

Daniel, one question? Is "You" that much harder than typing "U"?

LOL

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 02:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.