View Full Version : modo to Maya ---> improper scale
09-28-2004, 03:37 PM
has anyone tried exporting a model from modo to Maya and noticed that the scaling information is not retained?
ie. a 12" cube in modo is not a 12" cube in maya?
while a melscript would resize the model properly it would be nice if modo would do this during export . . . any thoughts?
09-28-2004, 04:46 PM
No scale units are specifed in the exported Maya file. Maya will import it 1 to 1 with whatever the units are set to in Maya.
09-28-2004, 05:35 PM
thanks for that griffon,
this has not been my experience however -
1. settings in modo are set to inches
2. 12" box is made in modo and exported to .ma (file found below)
3. settings in Maya are set to inches
4. file is imported to or opened in Maya (either way does not matter)
5. 12" box in modo is now a .3048" box in Maya
09-28-2004, 07:40 PM
For now i have posted a mel script on www.vertexmonkey.com (http://www.vertexmonkey.com) to resize objects in Maya that come from Modo.
01-19-2006, 09:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.
vBulletin v3.0.5, Copyright ©2000-2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.