PDA

View Full Version : New Version: Incremental Save

preludian
09-28-2004, 04:09 PM
Hi,

just to let you know, that I have updated my LW-Style incremental save. Read here what's been done. I tested and used it for some time now and I prefer it to the the xsi-backup way.

/*Adds or increments a version number on the scene name,
the format is <filename_vxxx.scn>
If you should have more than 999 versions it resaves at 001 again. A Loop ;)
Oh, take and use the script as it is, no responsability from my side :)

Edit: 2004/09/11
Bug, Files were created under scene not scenes, fixed
Bug, Files that had non-char characters at the beginning of the filename were given the wrong version number and had an underscore in front, fixed
! Non-Char and Non-Digits inside of the filename are converted to underscore
*/

You can download it here (http://www.smolka1.de/xsi/incrementalsave.js). Simply put it in your user\Application\Plugins\ folder and assign a short-key to it.

optical op
09-28-2004, 10:26 PM
incremental save in max and lw good. Not really examined the structure of xsi projects yet, but will bear it in mind. thanks for your work

preludian
09-28-2004, 10:32 PM
No problem, I programmed it, because I like having manymany versions just in case.. and I don't want to go into the backup directory everytime and I sometimes have more than 100 versions ( yes I really sometimes have..) and I sometimes keep my versions longer than 31 days.

ray
09-28-2004, 11:10 PM
nice stuff:thumbsup:

cu soon,
ray

preludian
09-28-2004, 11:17 PM
:beer: , they miss a :cappuchino: smilie here, cusoon2

EdHarriss
09-29-2004, 03:28 AM
- Excellent work preludian.
- Thanks a lot!

foxco
09-30-2004, 12:46 AM
How can i give it a shortcut key?

fox

Edit: never Mind i found it :)

preludian
09-30-2004, 12:56 AM
Edit: Add scripts the easy way ;)
1. Application->Toolbars->New Custom Toolbar
2. Drag&Drop a script/sripts and cklick ok
3. close Custom Toolbar Window and save.
4. Finished

File-> Keyboard Mapping, create a new Key Map browse through the Group Fild for Custom script Commands (left side) and look for the command incremental save.
Then you'll see which keys are free or not and simply drag the command to the key you wish, don't forget to hold the combinations (ctrl+s e.g.) if you want to have it assigned to crtrl+s. Don't now anymore if you have to clear any old bindings first.

Have fun.

comanche
09-30-2004, 11:50 AM
Ha, danke, Philip!!!

preludian
09-30-2004, 07:26 PM
Andreas, altes Haus, so trifft man sich wieder. Freut mich :beer:

jaredL
10-01-2004, 09:49 PM
Edit: Add scripts the easy way ;)
1. Application->Toolbars->New Custom Toolbar
2. Drag&Drop a script/sripts and cklick ok
3. close Custom Toolbar Window and save.
4. Finished

File-> Keyboard Mapping, create a new Key Map browse through the Group Fild for Custom script Commands (left side) and look for the command incremental save.
Then you'll see which keys are free or not and simply drag the command to the key you wish, don't forget to hold the combinations (ctrl+s e.g.) if you want to have it assigned to crtrl+s. Don't now anymore if you have to clear any old bindings first.

Have fun.
I installed the script accordingly but the script GEHT NICHT! Nothing happen...WaruM? .WOuld love to use it.

preludian
10-01-2004, 10:51 PM
Sorry, my fault, I made a custom command script of it, before I knew of the easy way. Please be so kind to redownload the script again and install it like I've written in your quote. You have copied the script in the user/....../script directory haven't you?
And don't forget that if you want to clear a standard xsi script shortkey you must create a new shortkey template first. I've used ctrl+q now, because I rarely quit a soft like this and don't want to either :)

Viel Spaß und 'tschuldige die Mühe

jaredL
10-01-2004, 11:08 PM
Now it works beautifully..... danke schoen.

preludian
10-01-2004, 11:12 PM
Bitte schoen :thumbsup:

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 10:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.