PDA

View Full Version : backface culling?

MasonDoran
09-28-2004, 12:29 PM
i cannot seem to find where i can turn it on or off. Basically...i just want to control selecting components on the back side of the mesh...

Headcrash
09-28-2004, 04:27 PM
The middle mouse button toggles the state of backface culling. In wireframe modes, a RMB lasso will select both front and backfacing geometry. Since all the geometry is visible, you can select it. In a shaded mode where the backfaces are hidden, RMB selects only what you can see.

The MMB toggles backface culling on selection and is dependent in the render mode. In Wireframe, a MMB lasso will select all the front facing polygons. When in a shaded view mode, MMB Lasso selects both front and back faces.

This information is also in the User Guide, page 139 in the "Getting Started with modo Selections" tutorial.

clodhopper
02-17-2005, 06:32 AM
RMB and LMB both select backfacing polys and edges reguardless of the shading mode....how do i get rid of this? Its really slowing me down having to deselect a bunch of random faces from the far side of my model. anyone else have this problem? thanks

clodhopper
02-19-2005, 06:35 AM
hey....Head was right, I'm just slow.

CGTalk Moderation
02-19-2006, 07:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.