PDA

View Full Version : zbrush user meeting

R_K
09-27-2004, 09:12 PM
if you haven't already heard. the meeting is this thursday at Gnomon.

http://www.cgnetworks.com/story.php?story_id=2388

R_K
09-28-2004, 05:37 PM
and another thing... not that i am biased at all. Meats is teaching a one week intensive at Gnomon from November 15th to 19th.
I'll be there!!

r

G3D
09-28-2004, 08:32 PM
and I'm really looking forward to it. Is there anything on the agenda other than the standard introductions?

richcz3
09-28-2004, 10:43 PM
Is this going to be a meeting of Q&A where we go over the program tools and see skilled artisans work. Maybe going over a couple tutorials with the "ins and outs" of Zbrush.
Or is this a prepatory meeting disclosing the various details covered in the courses should people care to sign up for them?

TIA

richcz3

meats
09-29-2004, 05:24 PM
richcz3 - The user group meeting will just feature a few artists and the way that they work with Zbrush, as well as other information from Pixologic. It should be pretty cool. It will of course be the first PUG meeting ever, so it's kind of cool in that regard, as well.

It's not a sales pitch for my classes, we don't need to, they fill up pretty quickly as it is...:)

R_K - Hope to see you there!

ntmonkey
10-01-2004, 05:44 PM
Awesome presentation there Meats. Zbrush's future looks bright! I learned a lot just watching you, Bay Rait, and Taron go through the paces. Thanks for sharing what you guys discovered from your hard work. Now I'm totally inspired to go out and manipulate bazillions of polygons!

My favorite exchange during the demonstration:

Random Guy: "Dude, this blows my mind!"
Meats: "It blows my mind too!" :scream:

Too funny!

peace,

Lu

roguenroll
10-01-2004, 06:13 PM
I wish I was out there, it would have been cool.

But just wondering if I should exchange my hurricanes in Fl. with Earthquakes in Cal.

hmm tough choice

Antropus
10-01-2004, 06:26 PM
Meats,

Your presentation "blows my mind!" LOL
The secret to make a good CG work is all about the beer!

Serious, was a GREAT pleasure to meet so many talented guys in the same day but just a shame that was to fast and I had no chance to speak more with you guys. I have a theory that the great artists are also very simple and nice people and this meeting just confirm.

Nice to meet you Meats, Bay Raitt, Taron, Ian Joyner, Fausto de Martini, Alex Alvarez and great to see you again there, Jaime Labelle :)
You are all amazing. Keep rocking!

Kris

KingMob
10-01-2004, 06:37 PM
Man that was a really fun time... FInally got to meet Antro and other amazing people...

All you demo guys (taron/bay/meats) really had different ways of using the tool, yet powerfull to, that was fun to see.

I damn near spit beer when Meats talked about how it blows his mind everyday...perfect reply hehe.

meats
10-01-2004, 07:36 PM
Thanks to everybody that came to the first PUG meeting, it was a really fun time!

It was great getting to meet everybody in person, I'm sure there were lots of people there that I didn't get a chance to talk to, hopefully next time.

I can't wait for the next one....

:)

ntmonkey
10-01-2004, 10:32 PM
I wish I was out there, it would have been cool.

But just wondering if I should exchange my hurricanes in Fl. with Earthquakes in Cal.

hmm tough choice
It shakes out here because all the CG folks are rocking Cali.

Man, I felt so small hanging out with all you CG powerhouses. And yes, like Antropus said, everyone was really nice. Once upon a time I sat in a computer lab wondering what it would be like to meet these people who created all this fantastic art. You guys were my inspiration to get into this crazy industry despite the incredible odds.

It was great meeting everyone.

Meats, Bay, Taron, Kris, Ian, and Fausto, your work and dedication to your art is so inspiring. I owe you guys a big "thank you" for all the eye candy that have been so instrumental in motivating my lazy ass. :D I cannot wait for the next one. Hopefully, everyone that didn't make it this time will be there next time.

peace,

Lu

ambient-whisper
10-01-2004, 10:43 PM
too bad it isnt closer to Italy :/. i would have loved to attend.

Antropus
10-02-2004, 12:33 AM
Yeah Martin... just a shame, man :/

I hope next time you can be here in California.

Cya,
Kris

pollywoggles
10-02-2004, 02:23 AM
The meeting was inspiring. Bay's presentation, with a focus on modeling with alphas really shifted my outlook on how to use Zbrush as a tool. Meats. Damn. It was simply amazing watching you create something right there on the screen. Thanks guys.

Zendorf
10-02-2004, 03:38 AM
Wow, I am just so envious of those that attended that meet. Pity I am on the other side of the world :( Maybe someone could film the next event presentations. Slap it on a DVD , hell I would buy it for sure, as would many others.

On that note, is there any further word on any forthcoming Gnomon Zbrush DVD's? I am hanging out for something in that vein!

rolhionjs
10-02-2004, 10:06 AM
Yea... Too bad it's too far... :( When do you plan to come in Europe guys !!??? :scream:

ambient-whisper
10-02-2004, 02:02 PM
Yeah Martin... just a shame, man :/

I hope next time you can be here in California.

Cya,
Kris
hopefully they can make their user meetings around the same time as siggraph. it would make more sense in my opinion.

Roger Eberhart
10-02-2004, 03:37 PM
I just wish they could schedule the meetings for weekends. Try getting through LA traffic at 5pm. I'm sure there were lot of people who would have liked to attend who couldn't because of the timing, myself included.

R_K
10-02-2004, 04:54 PM
Yea... Too bad it's too far... :( When do you plan to come in Europe guys !!??? :scream:Yeah!! next time, Prague!! :buttrock:

uthuan
10-07-2004, 06:49 PM
On that note, is there any further word on any forthcoming Gnomon Zbrush DVD's? I am hanging out for something in that vein!

Alex mentioned that there would be 5 Z-brush Gnomon Workshop DVDs released around the begining of December.

I know what I want for Xmas! :D

G3D
10-07-2004, 07:16 PM
Someone from Gnomon said 'about 200 people,' but that was after 9PM and many had left. I wondered it was closer to 400. When it started almost every chair was filled. It was the largest user group meeting of any kind I have ever seen. Can't wait for the next one.

Zendorf
10-08-2004, 04:53 AM
Alex mentioned that there would be 5 Z-brush Gnomon Workshop DVDs released around the begining of December.

Nice one..thanks for the heads up! Hope that Gnomon offers a discount if you buy all 5 discs. I stop being a student on about Dec 10, so hopefully I will have time :D

I really feel that you can learn ZB so much better from watching a master in action, than doing a written tutorial. This is so much more the case with ZB than any traditional 3d app, as it is such a hands-on fine art tool!

Svengalii
10-08-2004, 10:13 AM
For the great majority of ZBrushers and other modelers who don't live in LA, it would be a real treat to see video of the ZB user meetings. Barring that, it would also be VERY INTERESTING to have the speakers who do demos CAPTURE their processes into auto-ZScripts and have those posted here or at ZB-Central for the rest of us to review.

Maybe next meeting...?

Sven

R_K
10-08-2004, 04:45 PM
For the great majority of ZBrushers and other modelers who don't live in LA, it would be a real treat to see video of the ZB user meetings. Barring that, it would also be VERY INTERESTING to have the speakers who do demos CAPTURE their processes into auto-ZScripts and have those posted here or at ZB-Central for the rest of us to review.

Maybe next meeting...?

Sven
Yes! I totally agree with you Svengalii. Videos or ZScripts would be awesome. I thought about it the next day and felt like a jerk for not bringing it up to the gnomon dudes earlier in the day.

r

pollywoggles
10-12-2004, 01:00 AM
I'm sure you've already seen the thread, but if you were curious, Meats posted a tutorial ( http://cgtalk.com/showthread.php?t=176227 ) here in this forum of what he discussed at the user's meeting.

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 09:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.