PDA

View Full Version : Where to delete the viewport saves?

AlienMars
09-27-2004, 07:05 PM
I make the viewport save preset (use viewport thumb), but I found I can't delete it after looking everywhere in Modo. :sad:
Does anyone knows how to delete the viewport saves or I miss something?
thanks in advace :)

joo
09-28-2004, 03:18 AM
Hi,

This is happen to me also, I've saved a view port name: _clone, unnamed..and alot more..
and don't know how to delete it. I found the "_clone" in the .cfg file, but I'm not sure which line to delete.

I'm sorry I cant help you, at least we're not alone..:)

StuManFu
09-28-2004, 08:41 AM
Okay. Here we go.

In one of your 3d views, hold down the mouse on the triangle in the top right of the window. (I'm sure there is a name for this but I can't remember). At the bottom of the list that comes up is Layout Controls/Delete Layout...

Select this and a window pops up to ask which layout you wish to delete.

Hope this helps

Stu

AlienMars
09-28-2004, 12:35 PM
I think I have found a solution for this, search the name of the viewport preset in modo.cfg
(.cfg file locates at C:\Documents and Settings\"username"\Application Data\Luxology)
then delete all rows related to that preset name.
Then open Modo again, Wow it's all clear!!!
But I think it's not a good solution for this issue, this operation maybe causes problems..:shrug:

I also try to delete layouts, but it doesn't work for viewport preset.
It still resides there.:cry:
We can delete layout setting but it looks like no option to delete viewport preset.

anyway thanks for your help:)

bhealy27
11-01-2004, 11:03 PM
The only way I found to get rid of these viewports was to delete the modo.cfg file and start customizing all over again. Since here are so many references in the .cfg file to a viewport once it's set up it's a real pain to try to edit them all out and hope you've got a valid .cfg file when you're finished.

Seeing the lack of additional comments in this thread it looks like no one has found a solution. Hope they fix this with a delete option in the next version. In the meantime it looks like the best thing to do is never set up a new viewport.

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 09:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.