PDA

View Full Version : ? about the crop tool

vonbon
09-27-2004, 04:26 PM
I have a Layer in my file that has alot of area in it that isn't being seen and is making the file size large. Is there is a way to crop a single Layer without croping all Layers?

Elysian
09-27-2004, 04:35 PM
Why do you want to crop just a single layer? Why not crop all by 'CTRL+A Image/Crop'?

Crop tool using a single layer? No, always affects for the complete image. I would do a CTRL+A in layer A and copy/paste it to layer B and then delete layer A.

vonbon
09-27-2004, 04:46 PM
Word! Thanks alot. I should have thought about that.

I have a oversized Backdrop layer from another file and i just like to be able to move it around until i get the position i want.

Self-Designer
09-27-2004, 09:42 PM
Ctrl+J for copy via layer or Ctrl+Shift+J for cut via layer (after Ctrl+A of course) won't need the clipboard at all and will be faster.

Totoro
09-28-2004, 12:26 PM
I think you can just marquee select the area you want to use (in the layer with the large area) Inverse Select (Shift+CTRL+I) and delete. This way you still have the layer intact but you've deleted the excessive area.

Elysian
09-28-2004, 03:22 PM
I think you can just marquee select the area you want to use (in the layer with the large area) Inverse Select (Shift+CTRL+I) and delete. This way you still have the layer intact but you've deleted the excessive area.That's not going to work, because once you invert the selection you get a message something like "no pixels selected" ;)

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 10:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.