PDA

View Full Version : Split edges in 1/2

ambient-whisper
09-27-2004, 09:38 AM
OK,. i gotta go to work in a few min, so i cant check myself. but is there a way to select edges, have them cut in 1/2 ( without connecting them ), and then when the cut is done the application will auto select the verticies ( newly created elements ) for me? this way i could make a macro for one of the variations of the "connect tool" since all you have to do after is use a split poly. ( well, hopefully it would work in every case. ive had it breakdown on me before. :/ ).

Juzz
09-27-2004, 11:20 AM
well, could it be a macro that selects all edges, splits them at 50% and then selects all vertexes with 2 sides attached to them?

kursad_pileksuz
09-27-2004, 05:52 PM
in theory it should work, and selecting converting works pretty well, i even posted some forms of edge connecting through loop slicing and bevellinbg etc. but i think there may be a bug with edge slice (which i reported) , and edge slice is refusing to work with macro. that is why i tried to find temporary solution through loopslice and bevel

other wise if edge slice did not have odd bug through macro, we could have had a solid edge connect i believe

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 07:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.