PDA

View Full Version : Q. About Point Modeling in Subd Isoline Mode

Ric535
09-27-2004, 05:41 AM
is it true that vertices upon isolines cannot be selected when in subd mode, only the control cage vertices can be selected - if so does this not slow the workflow down?

Dion Burgoyne
09-27-2004, 05:47 AM
If you are selecting points, wherever you try to select them, they will be selected, so if you select the vertex on the isoline, the isoline itself etc... the point will be selected as expected... However when you select the intersection the highlight of the vertex will be at the end of its guide.

btw, I haven't heard the term Isoline since the SGI days, is it used in other 3D apps?

::
Oh for the second part... no, since you can select the points from the intersections the workflow is yummy :)

MallenLane
09-27-2004, 05:50 AM
Yeah most programs call working in that mode Isoline mode. Cinema4d added it in v9 as well.

Ric535
09-27-2004, 09:53 PM
If you are selecting points, wherever you try to select them, they will be selected, so if you select the vertex on the isoline, the isoline itself etc... the point will be selected as expected... However when you select the intersection the highlight of the vertex will be at the end of its guide.

btw, I haven't heard the term Isoline since the SGI days, is it used in other 3D apps?

::
Oh for the second part... no, since you can select the points from the intersections the workflow is yummy :)
thanks for the reply,

hmm seems a little strange - i think i would find that a bit confusing to model with - i would prefer to model with the points on the isolines i think (i havent tried modo yet) what do others think of this way of working with vertices?

kursad_pileksuz
09-27-2004, 10:09 PM
well in my opinion modo finds vertices, or control points very precisely even when they are way off of the isoline intersections, all you do click on intersection and modo possibly will get it right. i persoanlly found modo to be way way better than lightwave in that way. so you do not even need to worry about which cp belongs to which intersection, if you have enabled vertices. beside that modo is going to provide additonal guides , cages, etc for subd modelling

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 09:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.