PDA

View Full Version : Another Male Head

plaguelord
09-27-2004, 03:15 AM
I'm making this head, and I want to achieve a good result, but when I compare with my last model, I can see some improvements (nose, eyes, overall shape), and the same mistakes on some areas, like the jaw or neck. I hope to found here some help :D

made with max5 , box modeling, 3 hours.

edit: last update down

plaguelord
09-28-2004, 01:48 AM
no replys? its so bad? :sad:

update, some fixes on the mounth

Andrei-Covali
09-28-2004, 05:50 AM
Hi - nice to see that you are improving the overall shape...

I think for starters you should smoothen the jaw line...it's to sharp

the back of the head it's to flat -make it more round in shape

the topology of the face is a bit off...take a look around the forum and find some
wires - from Stahleberg's work etc...and try to rebuild it...the shape depends on the
wright topology ...

keep up modeling! - it all comes with practice

plaguelord
09-28-2004, 07:07 PM
thanks AK, that are good points to improve the model. About the topology, on a human head, I think that its all, with good topology you can get a good model, but its still a little hard for me to get a good mesh, I already read the topology research thread and have some printed reference. Its like you say, practice and more practice.

Sp3ctre
09-28-2004, 07:34 PM
I think that his cranium looks too wide

plaguelord
09-29-2004, 12:58 AM
update, added some detail in the eyebags, the neck, and soften the jawline... the ears are temporary...

Sp3ctre
09-29-2004, 06:58 AM
getting better, but the jaw is still too sharp. also, the wrinkles under the eyes are too pronounced, make them more subtle and you'll be good

plaguelord
09-29-2004, 10:38 PM
thanks specter, your recomendations always improve my model!
how look now?

Maark Karraen
09-29-2004, 10:58 PM
One thing that will immediately improve your model.
Step back and think about him. What is his situation, his expression.
If you don't really have a situation for him, just sorta modeling a head, then take a look in the mirror and see how your face is when your relaxed, expressionless.
Maybe streach out your face in some werid way then relax...
Notice now your eye lids form around your eyeball, how the wrinkles flow down from your nose and most noticable, how your eyebrow forms into your nose. The most expressive part of your face is your eyes and the most subtle place in this area, in my opinion, is the eyebrow.

Looks like you have anatomy pretty good, just soften up and adjust the features.

plaguelord
10-02-2004, 04:11 AM
last version :D

http://www.ancestralrecall.com.ar/3d/head/h21.jpg

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 10:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.