PDA

View Full Version : Modo Owners: Can you pls test this model?

SMH
09-27-2004, 01:29 AM
Hi,

Can someone please test this model in Modo. This is the rhino logo object that comes with Rhino3D. The mesh in the .lwo file, is actually the model's NURBS control cage. I would love to know how Modo subdivides them in CC mode. If this works well, it'll be great news. Rhino is one of the most powerful hard surface modelers out there, and is getting better by the day. This test will greatly influence how fast I buy Modo.

I often used this technique to transfer files to LW. But the lack of ngons complicated the process. I hope this works smoother in MODO. BTW there are small problem areas in the file, mainly where the trims would be, those can be corrected later.

Thanks,

-SMH

swampthing
09-27-2004, 02:23 AM
This what you want to see?

SMH
09-27-2004, 04:11 AM
Thanks for trying this, looks good so far. I would appreciate some smooth shaded views of the tip areas, where problems are nost likely to appear. Take your time, no hurry here. I'll ask the Rhino people for trims support, in their NURBS control mesh extract tool. If that works out, Rhino users will be abe to export NURBS straight to Modo's subds. Luxology will benefit from this, when the rendering solution ships.

We'll see how this goes.

-SMH

Juzz
09-27-2004, 12:39 PM
I tested the object and there are no errors in it. There were some sharp creases in the very sharp areas, but merge polygons got rid of that. It looks all good here mate.

Altough.. The model doesn't have any n-gons..

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 10:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.