PDA

View Full Version : James Johnson - Animation Session 10 - Dialogue 2

finearts2
09-27-2004, 01:18 AM
Light me up!!! Will try to post a rough of the lipsynch tonite then update with the body movements ( have to think about that one ) Good luck everyone. Can't wait to see what comes up for this one!! :)

Remi
09-27-2004, 01:34 AM
wooooohooooo...another one selects dialog 2....we're in short supply here....and I think it's the most challenging one out of the three...so good luck to ya man....looking forward to seeing what you come up with...I too found it hard to find good poses that fit.:)

finearts2
10-11-2004, 07:52 AM
Well I have begun the self inflicted torture. The quality is REALLY poor right now, but I had to post something quick to show some friends what I am working on, so forgive me.

I am really impressed by all the submissions so far and hope to get something finished that won't dissapoint. There will be a short intro in the final to explain what tha heck my character is wearing a space helmet for. Hope you will get a good laugh out of it.

Good luck everyone!! You have inspired me greatly!!

Link for file is: http://webpages.charter.net/finearts2/for%20web.mov

ps: thanks for the encouragement Remi. This is SUCH a learning curve for me. I have gone thru heck to even try to learn how to rig my character let alone how Lightwave works ( so much more to learn )

Suricate
10-11-2004, 09:11 AM
Hi James,

learning how to rig, how to animate and how to use LightWave at the same time is indeed a VERY difficult task. But going through these challenges with a fixed deadline will speed up the learning process enourmously and in a few months from now you might be the new PIXAR animator .... well, almost :).

... and I really like to know what the space ship and the helmet are for, so keep on going !

harmonic01
10-11-2004, 03:17 PM
Hey, it looks like you're animating with an IK for the arms. Use FK for the most part instead. that will give you better arks and won't look like your arms are stuck to a point in space.

finearts2
10-12-2004, 02:59 AM
thank you suricate and harmonic for the encouragement. I will definiately try the fk suggestion. I just have to learn how to do it correctly in lightwave so I will be on a info search as soon as I am done typing.

Will try to do a quick ( and I mean quick update tonite with some more keyframing )

Man this is so addicting (and frustrating) but I love it!! :)

finearts2
10-13-2004, 03:18 AM
Another small update, it's at least clearer. I added some small movements to the head and added a little to the facial movements, blah, blah, blah...

I forgot to render the glass helmet out so you will see a weird line, just to explain, his helmet will fall off and he will realize there is no air hence the puffed cheeks.

ALOT more to do but my learning curve is becoming a little bit easier, ( I hope )

all the guidance you are willing to give, I am willing to learn. :)

new render : http://webpages.charter.net/finearts2/newer%20render.mov

finearts2
10-20-2004, 02:14 AM
Sorry I couldn't finish up on my work ( ALOT of freelance came up these last few days)
but I really want to thank you for the support and encouragement both on the forum and e-mails. Good luck everyone. I learned quite a bit on this first challenge, looking for the next one. :)

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 10:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.