PDA

View Full Version : the super customized app, how to customize it?

vuedesprit
09-27-2004, 12:24 AM
i'm getting crazy, to know how to customize the super dooper ultra customized application on the earth,
plz can anyone tell me how to use form editorr or how to assign keys, or is ther is a tutorial on all these questions.
plz don't tell me command history, coz this one i don't know it too.
all i want is what r all those forms, and what is the differeance btw them, and y each time i change something i can't c it in the related menu.
how to apply a pie menue to key shortchut, i c "attr.formPopover [{attribute} Popovers (Tue Apr 20 07:23:16 2004) 153926835]"
and everywhere i go in MODO, i c something like these statements, i don't c it friendly to customize , really, why ther is no drag and drop, why should i put the name or code or script name.
i can't customize in a friendly way, almost i didn't get to customize at all, just change the opened windows.
plz correct me if i'm wrong.

annaleah
09-27-2004, 12:26 AM
Me too....I want to know how to use the presets like the colours settings and such to customise this Modo.
I selected the brad settings for color and it doesnt do anything....

MrPG
09-27-2004, 12:35 AM
check the docs, i think the third of fourth chapter/section deals with that. I played with modo for a day, after you get the logic of the ui custumizing, it becomes fairly straight forward.

but ya check the docs, i think they're pretty easy to follow.

but if you want to jump right into it, atleast with the popoverforms, its in key editor and i think you select commands, then there is a category drop down and with this you select popoverforms, there are existing presets available to you. You can use those or if you want something not there you can script it.

vuedesprit
09-27-2004, 12:38 AM
dude, colors is almost something u can live without it, but how to customize the tools, like primitives, modifiers......pie menu
no references or words on the formeditor, and i'm not a magician to know it, how by the hell should we know how to edit the GUI in a friendly way without entering some silly tool.#$@%@#
and is there a way to change the colors of the form dark grey and the orange
buttons
can we hear u lux guys plz

vuedesprit
09-27-2004, 12:50 AM
r u kiding, u think this is the customization, no man, it's just setting windows, and viewports, but how to change the tools in each menu, like the vertical, or the menu bar, or the pie menu, how to rearrange tools in each form.

why can't i find any referance for the form editor?????
and how much friendly is to type the command tool in the key editor to map a key to a command like poy.flip
why the approach is not like lightwave, so i have all the tools and commands in a window, all i have to do is drag and drop or choose the tool and the key and press assign

vuedesprit
09-27-2004, 12:55 AM
can anyone tell me what is this lattice for, and why can't i apply it to a button or use it?

kursad_pileksuz
09-27-2004, 01:08 AM
well you are just frustrated. actually form editor is neither too crazy to understand nor too easy to setup. maybe you should start with editing defaults to get close to what you need.
you do not need to type commands to assign keys, there is a key editor just for that purpose. and belive me assigning a shortcut has never been this easy. you can even assign byt typing assign command. just take it easy.
it is not like lightwave because lightwave`s was not that easy to setup either. now you have more freedom to choose.i am sure you can assign shrotcuts to lasat used function with a button as well.

there is a key editor under "system", which is quite close to lightwave one and even better. i do not know what your expectations from modo, but it is not that hard, i wish there were more drag and drop features, but so far so good.

to assign a key to a popover , again under key editor there is commands section. you will see a secondary menu next to it, a pulldown one. check out different places like popovers.

form editor is for creating all kinds of forms, and everything in modo are forms. that is what this nexus thing about as far as i understand. so you can manipulate alot of stuff, because alot of stuff is not hard coded, rather it is in the menu system

r u kiding, u think this is the customization, no man, it's just setting windows, and viewports, but how to change the tools in each menu, like the vertical, or the menu bar, or the pie menu, how to rearrange tools in each form.

why can't i find any referance for the form editor?????
and how much friendly is to type the command tool in the key editor to map a key to a command like poy.flip
why the approach is not like lightwave, so i have all the tools and commands in a window, all i have to do is drag and drop or choose the tool and the key and press assign

vuedesprit
09-27-2004, 01:30 AM
first, thanks kursad for ur try, but man i know abouyt the key editor and the form editor too, but to deal with it is not easy at all, even i don't know what each section differ from the other, and what each form mean:

-common forms
-context menus
-form editor
-horizontal toolbars
-vertical toolbars

and if u browse all of these forms, u'll find some tools that r hiden in some forms u never know about it, like the drag 3d, i didn't know that it's existing, until i c it in one form, so i draged it to the basic tools form.

what i want to say, is why not to put all the available raw commands in a window called commands, when u can c the command as it's name "flip" "invert dselection" "cube", not in a script string like flip.polygon or something like this, then u can drag this command to the form u want easily, so i don't have top navigate all the forms to c what r the commands available in MODO and some frustrating things.....

and once again did u know what is the lattice tool for, i tried to add it to a form, but useless, ther is no command or button, it's like it's not there.

and what does mean the X (exported) in form editor? man why there is no referance for forms??????

kursad_pileksuz
09-27-2004, 01:44 AM
there are alot of ommands in modo that did not make to menus , like this one "viewport.goto" which aims your camera to your mouse. and i even put a feature request about it before, i should have looked at closer.

i think the lattice tools was an experimental thing someone from lux was trying and they forgot to delete it.
again , everything in modo is forms!! people are complaning about alot of the interface, well then they need to put some time into it and try to make it close to what theyneed. because you make it once and use it for a long time. i myself may sound like i know more than alot of people on this board, because i use it over a year already. i had no clue about what the heck forms were when i entered alpha testing modo back then, you guys know more now than i did back then . you need to take it easy really, and enjoy the new features, and stop constant b1tch1ng :) put some nice music, make some tea or coffee, get your brownie cake and start digging in :)

vuedesprit
09-27-2004, 01:58 AM
hehehe, i really like ur way to deal with probs m8, coffe, music.....a good inspiration :)
about the lattice yes, it seems it's experiment tool, as it seems that i need a lot of extra time to b familiar and auto riding this horse called form editor.

kursad_pileksuz
09-27-2004, 02:04 AM
i persoanlly edit existing ones or duplicate items and keep originals, you know in your form editor you can enable and disable menus :) i do not even know much about forms, but people say that it is xml stuff, so learning little about xml can help too, what is nice about xml is that you can edit with notepad as well. i can for example copy paste stuff from modo.cfg, delet stuff move stuff around. quite handy.

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 10:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.