PDA

View Full Version : Whatever happened to snap to rotational degrees?!

ambient-whisper
09-26-2004, 08:50 PM
i remember seeing some video a while ago on modo where the person was using the rotate tool and then pressed a modifier key ( like alt, shift or ctrl ) and then this circle popped up with snap values. i use this all the time in clay when modelling something inorganic, and would love to see it in modo ( if its not in there ).

i know theres the protractor. but its not the same as just doing straight ahead modelling, and then temporarely enabling a protractor snap tool thing ( while rotating ) by holding a key and when letting go it would dissapear.

kursad_pileksuz
09-26-2004, 08:58 PM
that is advance handle you can enable from tool pipe and would work with axis rotate or scale tool. i thought it would work with other rotation too thou. if you want snap, use ctrl before starting rotation

ambient-whisper
09-27-2004, 12:32 AM
cool thanks man:). would be nice if the axis rotate tool was merged into the standard rotate tool. and brought up by a modifier.

kursad_pileksuz
09-27-2004, 01:13 AM
well i do not think they would like to do that, because one is using screen action center otherone is using automatic. i personally like axis rotate because i have lightwave background

but it can be merge into one tool through secondary tool set like shift or alt.

Dion Burgoyne
09-27-2004, 05:59 AM
Yes, it's a matrix rotate, meaning that everytime you start to rotate it's degrees from current position, not absolute.

But even in a matrix rotate, if you hold the ctrl key down and work from the handles, it will do snapping (15 degrees I believe)

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 08:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.