PDA

View Full Version : Modeling & Texturing DVD - Some sound & video missing

philgriffiths
09-26-2004, 09:54 AM
Hi everyone
I've just recieved my order of XSI 4.0 Foundation & the DVD Training Kit and have started watching the Modeling & Texturing DVD but i'm getting the following errors:-

Surfaces and Curves NURBS Modeling, Part 2
Instead of playing this video, it plays the NURBS to Mesh video instead (although the 'Timeline' display shows NURBS modeling, Part 2 and being the current playing video)

Object Tools - Groups
About halfway through, just when the chaps says 'if I were to open this, the script editor and just try to unhide my..." the video keeps playing but the sound does not for the rest of the video.

I've tried playing the dvd on two different PC's, one running windows XP and the other running Windows 2000 but i still get the same errors, i've also been to the Macromedia website to get the latest versions of the Flash and Shockwave players but that hasn't helped either, is anybody else getting this problem?. Unlikely as it sounds, but is it possible that some dvd's with badly encoded videos were released accidentally?

Obizzz
09-26-2004, 06:05 PM
I have the problem with the Nurbs modeling video too.

I'm not sure about the other one though but I can check it later.

suppjj
09-26-2004, 08:43 PM
Having the same issue here.

philgriffiths
09-27-2004, 07:57 AM
Thanks for the replies guys, i was on the verge of doing a complete reformat of the hard disk!
By the way, I placed my order with the Softimage online store and it was delivered from Ireland to the UK near the end of August, is that where you got your from?

kawallo
09-27-2004, 12:16 PM
Curves NURBS Modeling Part 2 video is in the dvd, named 5_4.flv. You can watch it using a flv player. Probably there is a bad link in the dvd for this video.
I think the other video is damaged.

deanbutton
09-27-2004, 01:12 PM
Hi Phil. Mine came from Dublin too.

D.

suppjj
09-27-2004, 03:48 PM
I'm in the states and it came from Canada. Thanks for the info kawallo.

Obizzz
09-27-2004, 09:20 PM
mine came from Dublin

where do I find a player for flv?

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 08:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.