PDA

View Full Version : In Painter IX Where Are The User-Created Brush Variants Saved To?

Zwaeback
09-26-2004, 07:47 AM
They're not in the brush folder. I'm guessing there in some sort of nether-reality awaiting cognition.

Thank you for your help.

mcarp
09-26-2004, 04:04 PM
Just to test, I created a brush from the 2B Pencil.

Sure enough, it did not show up in the Files folder when I opened it in the Finder. (This is OS X.) But when I did a search for it, the new brush showed up as being in the Pencils folder, right where you'd expect it to be.

mcarp
09-26-2004, 04:07 PM
No, my mistake! The new brush is in ~/Library/Application Support/Corel/Painter IX/Brushes/Painter Brushes/Pencils !

Which means the brush would not be available to another user who logged onto this computer. Not a problem for me, but I'm not sure saving brush variants to users' personal folders is a good idea. Users should at least have the option whether to make variants personal or global.

Jinbrown
09-26-2004, 06:31 PM
Read the following:

Help > Help Topics > Contents > Welcome to Corel Painter IX.

On the right panel, read the information under Multiuser Support.

Zwaeback
09-27-2004, 06:14 PM
Ahhh, I see. I have to be able to see the hidden files to find my user-created brush. Pretty spiffy.

Windows XP Location (on my generic work computer):
C: > Documents & Settings > Owner > Application Data > Corel > Painter IX > Brushes > Painter Brushes

brkofdon
09-27-2004, 09:58 PM
what happens if you were to copy the folder that has your brushes...from the application data folder (window xp users) and paste them to the normal program files/Corel/Corel Painter IX/Brushes/Painter Brushes.. folder? would this make 2 copies of it in painter.. ?

i should just test it out, and figure it out myself.... :shrug:

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 08:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.