PDA

View Full Version : Form editor?

Sbowling
09-26-2004, 08:18 AM
Can anyone point me to some help in understanding the form editor? For example, I want to change or create a new function that would be like the join tool, but would not ask me for any input and just do a default join. I thought I saw some info on using the form editor somewhere, but I can't seem to find it anymore. Thanks!

Pazur
09-26-2004, 08:35 AM
- do the join with parameters You want using menu
- open command history and find the join command
- copy it to buffer with ctrl+c (it should be like join [0] [1] or something)
- open forms editor
- click new control under any existing form or create new one
- paste the command
- set label for the command

You should be done at this point. If You use existing form You should see new button on it (in modo_tools for example).
The thing is if You fire a command with no arguments it will pop up interface to ask You for them. However, if You fire a command and pass arguments to it it will not because there is no need for this.

Sbowling
09-26-2004, 09:08 AM
Thanks for the tip. I actually found a different way to do it be copying the join command and changing vert.join to vert.join [0]. Now I just need to figure out how I can make a shortcut key for my new item. It doesn't seem to be showing up in the key editor.

BTW, in case I haven't mentioned it Modo kick @$$! This stuff is just way too easy to do. Hell, in most programs it's impossible to do. :thumbsup:

Pazur
09-26-2004, 09:15 AM
it doesn't have to show up, simply click on the empty field aside shortcut You want to assign to, double click it to be able to edit the command line and paste the command. You can assign anything to key, it doesn't have to be predefined command.

Sbowling
09-26-2004, 09:34 AM
it doesn't have to show up, simply click on the empty field aside shortcut You want to assign to, double click it to be able to edit the command line and paste the command. You can assign anything to key, it doesn't have to be predefined command.
You can also run the command, then right click on it in the command history and then select map command to key. Another great thing about Modo, more thanone way to do things. :thumbsup:

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 09:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.