PDA

View Full Version : Active tool manager

adeptus minor
09-25-2004, 08:17 PM
I have tried to find it in the Window tool bar but its not there like in 8.5 I tried to make a short cut for it but when I do it doest pull it up instead it activates the move tool :argh:

abstrax
09-25-2004, 08:25 PM
I have tried to find it in the Window tool bar but its not there like in 8.5 I tried to make a short cut for it but when I do it doest pull it up instead it activates the move tool :argh:

Hi,

the Active Tool Manager was removed in R9 - the current tool settings are now displaye in the Attribute Manager. But you can create an own Active Tool Manager by creating a new Attribute Manager (Window -> Attribute Manager), setting it to tool mode (AM menu -> Mode -> Tool) and constraining it to tools (AM menu -> Mode -> Configure Modes -> deactivate everything except "Tool").

I for myself prefer the new way of working with tool and object attributes shown in one window. By pressing the space bar two times you get always the atttributes of the current tool. Or you can lock the AM temporarily (e.g. useful for the MOCCA Bone Tool).

Happy rendering,
Marcus

adeptus minor
09-25-2004, 08:40 PM
Hi,

the Active Tool Manager was removed in R9 - the current tool settings are now displaye in the Attribute Manager. But you can create an own Active Tool Manager by creating a new Attribute Manager (Window -> Attribute Manager), setting it to tool mode (AM menu -> Mode -> Tool) and constraining it to tools (AM menu -> Mode -> Configure Modes -> deactivate everything except "Tool").

I for myself prefer the new way of working with tool and object attributes shown in one window. By pressing the space bar two times you get always the atttributes of the current tool. Or you can lock the AM temporarily (e.g. useful for the MOCCA Bone Tool).

Happy rendering,
Marcus

Your the man!
I thought I was taking crazy pills :banghead: Thanks for the suggestion as well I am off to do that now

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 08:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.