PDA

View Full Version : imported obj

celmar
09-25-2004, 04:08 PM
Hi!... I've buyed Foundation, (like the whole earth, it seems), and if somebody can tell me, I've a very basic question: I should want to try to render something, just to play , waiting for the dvd formation, and if I try "File; import obj; I have a dialog box, and when clicking "load", I can see my folders, but only the bitmap, jpg and psd... in other words, no .obj... I must miss something, but I turn and turn, and.... whowww... Thank you for help!...

titaniumdave
09-25-2004, 04:19 PM
Not sure wahts going on. Make sure your filetype is set to obj. I assume you're using the ... box to enter your file. You can skip this and hit ok, then another dialog eill open that will let you select a file.

celmar
09-25-2004, 04:54 PM
thank you Titanium dave... in fact, the browse (...) button allows just to go to xsi samples... so, I haven't access to my folders... (I have the demo, but as I buyed it I have enter the key, so I assume now there is no liumitations!...

titaniumdave
09-25-2004, 06:24 PM
You should have access to all your folders. I'm using the demo too. Click the up button and that will take you out of the samples folder, then just find where the one you are looking for is at.

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 09:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.