PDA

View Full Version : NVIDIA driver problems

Decipel
09-25-2004, 02:23 PM
My modo crash every 30 seconds. :banghead: :banghead:

CB_3D
09-25-2004, 02:33 PM
probably you should hate your graphics driver, then.

Phil Lawson
09-25-2004, 02:35 PM
I had the same problem..you have to disable Vertex Arrays in Preferences. :) Turn on auto save as well. :)

Nvidia are working with Lux to solve the problem.

Decipel
09-25-2004, 02:51 PM
OK, Thx Phil, I have GeforceFX 5200. Maybe in my graphics card is problem... :sad:

09-25-2004, 03:38 PM
my card is 5700 and modo keeps crushing every couple minutes...

i have to say modo is fantastic and i love modo, but i just cant understand why such a big issue cant be solved before formal release...

now all we n card users can do is to wait...sigh...

jerry0520a
09-25-2004, 04:31 PM
me too . crash easy. nvidia card.

CAClark
09-25-2004, 05:04 PM
I found the most effective temp fix is to install the 4251 drivers (as listed to be last known good drivers in the event log by Modo).

Cheers!

Decipel
09-25-2004, 05:36 PM
It's nice, but 42.51 drivers doesn't work with my Geforce FX 5200. 44.03 drivers is minimum for working. I have Win XP pro sp1. :rolleyes:

bradpeebler
09-25-2004, 05:47 PM
We have received the test driver from NVIDIA today and will be testing through the weekend. We apologize for this inconvenience. Please understand that it is as frustrating for us as it is for you. NVIDIA has been very responsive to work with us solving the issue.

BP

Para
09-25-2004, 06:30 PM
By the way who of you is actually responsible for coding the OpenGL implementation in Modo? I ask this because I've heard that modo shares some unique buffer clear-related mouse cursor bugs which have only seen before in LW which kinda made me smile, not in a disrespectful manner though.

Martin_G_3D
09-25-2004, 07:15 PM
We have received the test driver from NVIDIA today and will be testing through the weekend. We apologize for this inconvenience. Please understand that it is as frustrating for us as it is for you. NVIDIA has been very responsive to work with us solving the issue.

BP
May I ask how it is possible that this bug wasn't resolved before release? It looks like many people are encountering the same bug so you would think this would have been discovered early in beta test stage.

jscott
09-25-2004, 07:40 PM
The way I understand it NVIDIA has claimed responsibility for the bug. So actually Luxology did everything right. They coded in the correct manner and contacted NVIDIA about the problem.

As Brad stated they received the beta driver with the fix and will be testing it this weekend. Brad announced publicly on this board that the problem existed and NVIDIA was currently working towards a resolution.

This is some very complicated stuff and everyone involved seems to be working feverishly to impliment the fix.

-jscott

Sbowling
09-26-2004, 03:36 AM
My modo crash every 30 seconds. :banghead: :banghead:
Set your autosave to 30 sec. and kepp your backup folder open. Make sure your saved files are associated with modo and all you have to do is double click the last saved backup. That's what I do and it works great. :thumbsup: Even with fairly complex meshes open, I haven't really noticed any of the auto saves causing any performance problems. Modo will even backup work that has note been saved yet, unlike some other programs.

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 08:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.