PDA

View Full Version : Modelling a car in ZBrush harder than average program?

XYZRGB
09-25-2004, 01:49 AM
I plan on buying Z-Brush this weekend, but am hesitant due to the fact that I have only seen organic forms from the program.
Can any of you please show me an example of car modelling that you have done in ZB ?

( Also, what is the North American area ( U.S. ) telephone number for Pixelogic ?)

Thanks !

ToddD
09-25-2004, 03:31 AM
Haven't seen much other than organic either. If you want to make realistic cars, you have some other options. I would look into either Wings3d, free modeler, and on par with almost any app for modeling. Or Silo, about $100 us I think. You will need to find something to render with, but a search on this forum should help with that. I think there is a pretty good free renderer floating around--Yafray maybe.

EDDIEthePIRATE
09-25-2004, 03:40 AM
You can find their # on the site under company info. Also you should check their forum. Pixolator is very good at non-organic stuff and he runs their forum.:thumbsup:

jantim
09-25-2004, 07:56 AM
Pixolator made some great non-organic models, so it can be done, and you can also cut a tree
down with a handsaw...it just is not as easy as with a powertool !
My point is, if your only purpose is to model" cars and stuff", you better buy Zbrush and a
low cost polygon-modeller like Silo. There are a lot of Z-brushers using Silo to enhance and
change their models in way's that are beyond ( for the moment,that is ) Zbrushing capabilitys
like deleting edges/vertices from your model or cutting new geometry other then edgeloops !

jantim

azazel
09-25-2004, 08:13 AM
It surely is possible, but will be painful - especially if you want to model a real car. Less trouble with cartoony ones.

plaguelord
09-29-2004, 02:12 PM
I`m not sure if it is possible, but, I`m sure it will be really really painfull. And your never get a good result like other box modeling or more polygonal tools. Unless you are a kick ass sculptor and master of zbrush :rolleyes:

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 08:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.