PDA

View Full Version : Reference/tutorial for creating custom layouts

AmbiDextrose
09-25-2004, 12:01 AM
Hey, guys:

Can anyone point me to some readable material on how to configure custom layouts for XSI? I want to be able to create a minimal layout for the Modeler part of XSI. Also, does XSI support custom buttons?

Thanks in advanced.

Ablefish
09-25-2004, 12:54 AM
Best place is the manual... seriously. (Do a search for custom layout) They walk you through the process. Start by reading on Toolbars and Shelves - those are handy to build right into your layout.

Toolbars are floating windows that contain buttons for running commands or applying presets.

Shelves are floating windows that contain tabs. Each tab can be a toolbar, display the contents of a file directory, or hold other items.

Then move on to creating whole layouts which amounts to creating framesets in which to embed views, editors or possibly some of the custom toolbars or shelves you've created.

When you get down to it editing/creating a layout, the best general advice I can give is right-click everywhere - usually the context menu will have all the answers you need.

Anyways, hope that helps.

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 08:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.