PDA

View Full Version : Animation: please crit me

NickGooch
09-25-2004, 12:49 AM
:bounce: Hi. i've been workin on a animation for the 10secondclub contest. just wanted to use these forums as well to help with some crit on my work. there's always something to improve so tell me what you think and dont worry about hurting my feelings i love making keyframes :D

http://www.expression.edu/~gooch/final10sec.mov

--gooch

SheepFactory
09-25-2004, 01:42 AM
Hi ,

A couple things I noticed:

- The animation looks like its skipping and snapping especially in the beginning. Thats due to your curves not being clean. You can go in and remove the unnecessary keys and try to get smoother curves in general.

- The characters are very floaty , you should hold your key poses and vary the timing a little. Everything has even timing right now.

- The blue characters head turn is too slow and looks linear. You should work more on your arcs in general. It looks like you used IK for the arms which makes it look linear. You can switch to FK and get natural arcs.

Hope this helps ,

PS: you should join this months anim session here. It'll be good exercise.

Ali

NickGooch
09-25-2004, 02:16 AM
thanks for the crit ill work on it . ill think about trying out the cgtalk anim too, your right i need the practice :)

--gooch

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 09:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.