PDA

View Full Version : Maya Remapping Inconsistency?

Ariel
09-24-2004, 10:13 PM
Switching to Maya remapping changes the whole way that selections work so you can no longer right click a component to switch to that component mode. You also lose the ability to paint-select with the left mouse button. And you also lose the ability to right click outside the model and bring up a component selection menu (this is a feature that Maya has when you right click over a model).

So my question is, how can you have Maya remapping for the navigation alone (Alt + LMB/MMB/RMB) without it having to affect how you select things? Is there a way to better control what happens when you press certain mouse buttons?

visualboo
09-24-2004, 10:55 PM
Hey Ariel,
You also lose the ability to paint-select with the left mouse button. RMB does this.

So my question is, how can you have Maya remapping for the navigation alone (Alt + LMB/MMB/RMB) without it having to affect how you select things? Is there a way to better control what happens when you press certain mouse buttons? Yeah, this need a little work. Nothing major but just little tweaks here and there. For eg. the speed at which the viewport rotates is way slower. If you're used to Maya and switch modo to be like maya this should also switch. Lots of little things like this. There are ways to tweak most of what you are talking about (pie menu's and right click menu's) but I'm not the person to ask that yet. So back to the dungeon for me. Whoosh!!

seasterling
09-25-2004, 01:24 AM
I've been looking for an answer to this one too. I haven't had time to dig into the configs yet though. Maybe there is a way to do it.

MyCatField
09-25-2004, 01:39 AM
This is something I'd likk to see changed also. I'd like LW style selection controls and Maya style navigation. Seems like it could be solved by having a little drop down list that lets you reassign mouse button mapping.

I miss not being able to LMB paint selection, RMB only does click select.

-Mike H.

Ariel
09-25-2004, 02:51 AM
Hey Ariel,
RMB does this.

Yeah I know it does. The thing is that RMB and LMB for some strange reason get switched over. I would like to have LMB do paint selection instead of RMB. Also, to be more like Maya they could add an option for partial inclusion of faces inside a marquee instead of full inclusion (same for edges).

BTW, paint-selecting points might be nicer if there was a radius which would make high density areas of a model easier to select (that way the pointer doesn't have to be exactly above a point to select it).

ThomasMahler
09-25-2004, 06:23 AM
Yeah, this need a little work. Nothing major but just little tweaks here and there. For eg. the speed at which the viewport rotates is way slower.

Have you turned off the Trackball Rotation under your Viewport Controls? If you switch to Maya Input Mode and turn that off, Modo's viewport controls will feel like Mayas.

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 08:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.